Users - Seeding CRM package

Walter Vaughan
How does one "seed" the CRM Package? I am guessing that is why I cannot login to
that module from https://hostname:8443/crmsfa/control/main

Is there a known reason why I cannot get the nice splash page at
http://hostname:8080 to work, but I can work just fine
with https://hostname:8443/module/control/login style access?

Thanks a bunch
--
Walter

Re: Users - Seeding CRM package

Si Chen-2
Walter,

You're looking for some "bonus features" in the opentaps release which
is not in regular OFBiz. (Thanks for calling the splash page "nice"--you
really made my day.)
What are you actually working with?  If you're using an SVN version of
OFBiz, you'll have to checkout the CRM module from our SVN and install
its seed data.  (See
http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/open_source_crm.php)  If
you're using the opentaps zip file from sourceforge, you need to use
"DemoSalesManager" and "crmsfa" to login.

Si

Si Chen wrote:
> What are you actually working with?  If you're using an SVN version of
> OFBiz, you'll have to checkout the CRM module from our SVN and install
> its seed data.  (See
> http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/ofbiz/open_source_crm.php)  If
> you're using the opentaps zip file from sourceforge, you need to use
> "DemoSalesManager" and "crmsfa" to login.

I have two installs... one on my XP desktop that I used the opentaps.9 with
postgreSQL, and another on a FreeBSD 6.0 server that I installed via svn. I also
installed the crm via svn. What "confused" me is that I needed to "seed* the CRM
data from the base directory. I expected that the CRM would have a special
seeding procedure to avoid overwriting existing data in the rest of the framework.

--
Walter