Users - Tracking codes and promotions

Zaoui Bruno

Hello,

I would like to test the tracking code of Ofbiz to store the origin (thirdparty) of the creation of an order and eventually associate a promotion and a marketing campaign to the order.

Could you please tell me what is possible and how to use the tracking functionality in Ofbiz.

Re: Users - Tracking codes and promotions

Si Chen-2
Download this documentation: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=145855&package_id=189005

and read the section in "Marketing Manager"

Zaoui Bruno wrote:

Hello,

I would like to test the tracking code of Ofbiz to store the origin (thirdparty) of the creation of an order and eventually associate a promotion and a marketing campaign to the order.

Could you please tell me what is possible and how to use the tracking functionality in Ofbiz.

Re: Users - Tracking codes and promotions

rohit
hi,

i am trying to use the tracking code in "Marketing Manager". I am not sure how the it works, there is no where we can see the URL's to use for our pay-per-click advertising. As per Si Chen we have to kind of manually make the URL's by adding the 'atc' tag at the end of the default home URL. Can we not automate this, such that the URL's are generated automatically. Currently it appears that the one, after clinking a ad, will land on the default page i.e. http://mystore.com/ecommerce/control/main?atc=adwords and then will be redirected to the product page. Also is it not possible to make product specific URL's that support tracking code too.

If this feature appears is not present, can we open a Jira issue to request this feature which will be very helpful to all.

Thanks

rohit

Re: Users - Tracking codes and promotions

David E. Jones

You can pass the atc parameter to _any_ request, and even along with any other parameters.

-David

rohit2006 wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am trying to use the tracking code in "Marketing Manager". I am not sure
> how the it works, there is no where we can see the URL's to use for our
> pay-per-click advertising. As per Si Chen we have to kind of manually make
> the URL's by adding the 'atc' tag at the end of the default home URL. Can we
> not automate this, such that the URL's are generated automatically.
> Currently it appears that the one, after clinking a ad, will land on the
> default page i.e. http://mystore.com/ecommerce/control/main?atc=adwords and
> then will be redirected to the product page. Also is it not possible to make
> product specific URL's that support tracking code too.
>
> If this feature appears is not present, can we open a Jira issue to request
> this feature which will be very helpful to all.
>
> Thanks
>
> rohit

Re: Users - Tracking codes and promotions

rohit
David,

thanks for the prompt reply.

what are your thoughts on generating the URL's automatically, this will help avoid typo errors and a lot of manual editing too.

rohit

Re: Users - Tracking codes and promotions

David E. Jones

What do you mean by generating URLs automatically? From where and for what?

-David

rohit2006 wrote:

> David,
>
> thanks for the prompt reply.
>
> what are your thoughts on generating the URL's automatically, this will help
> avoid typo errors and a lot of manual editing too.
>
> rohit

Re: Users - Tracking codes and promotions

rohit
if I am correct, at present when one generates a tracking code, the tracking code has to be added to the URL like this http://mystore.com/ecommerce/control/main?atc=adwords, where 'adwords' is the tracking code. What i want to suggest is that once a "create new tracking code' form is submitted it should not only save the tracking code but also generate a URL like above, which can be copied and pasted wherever necessary.

rohit