Users - Training video excecises

Fred Forester-2
Training video excecises

Hi All,

does someone have working source code for the excercises used in the basic and advanced framework videos?

Thanx
Fred

Re: Users - Training video excecises

David E. Jones

There is no official answer to this, and part of the reason is that
there are many many ways of implementing what is discussed. The
intent of this was to review the results of the exercise with the
instructor, which is far more valuable that a "correct answer".

For a set of somewhat similar artifacts I recommend the example
component (in the framework/example directory in OFBiz). More
documentation based on the example component if forthcoming, but even
now especially along with the recordings from the pre-conference
training this year the example application can be extremely helpful
as a model of how to do things. This is different from an exercise in
form and intent, and it sounds like perhaps more along the lines of
what you are looking for.

-David

On Dec 5, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> does someone have working source code for the excercises used in
> the basic and advanced framework videos?
>

> Thanx
> Fred

RE: Users - Training video excecises

Fred Forester-2

Hi David,

Yes I understand there are many ways it cam be done. I also looked at the
example but it doesn't match whats discussed
in the excercises nor does it seem to contain the edit forms for the
entities it does define. I guess what I am looking for are "working"
versions of the excercises from videos if that's possible.

There is no official answer to this, and part of the reason is that
there are many many ways of implementing what is discussed. The
intent of this was to review the results of the exercise with the
instructor, which is far more valuable that a "correct answer".

For a set of somewhat similar artifacts I recommend the example
component (in the framework/example directory in OFBiz). More
documentation based on the example component if forthcoming, but even
now especially along with the recordings from the pre-conference
training this year the example application can be extremely helpful
as a model of how to do things. This is different from an exercise in
form and intent, and it sounds like perhaps more along the lines of
what you are looking for.

-David

On Dec 5, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> does someone have working source code for the excercises used in
> the basic and advanced framework videos?
>

> Thanx
> Fred

RE: Users - Training video excecises

Fred Forester-2

Ok then. so how do I get the companies money back for these videos and where
do I return them

There is no official answer to this, and part of the reason is that
there are many many ways of implementing what is discussed. The
intent of this was to review the results of the exercise with the
instructor, which is far more valuable that a "correct answer".

For a set of somewhat similar artifacts I recommend the example
component (in the framework/example directory in OFBiz). More
documentation based on the example component if forthcoming, but even
now especially along with the recordings from the pre-conference
training this year the example application can be extremely helpful
as a model of how to do things. This is different from an exercise in
form and intent, and it sounds like perhaps more along the lines of
what you are looking for.

-David

On Dec 5, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> does someone have working source code for the excercises used in the
> basic and advanced framework videos?
>

> Thanx
> Fred

RE: Users - Training video excecises

Fred Forester-2

OK, I can figure it out myself. the next question is where do I return these
videos for a refund.

There is no official answer to this, and part of the reason is that
there are many many ways of implementing what is discussed. The
intent of this was to review the results of the exercise with the
instructor, which is far more valuable that a "correct answer".

For a set of somewhat similar artifacts I recommend the example
component (in the framework/example directory in OFBiz). More
documentation based on the example component if forthcoming, but even
now especially along with the recordings from the pre-conference
training this year the example application can be extremely helpful
as a model of how to do things. This is different from an exercise in
form and intent, and it sounds like perhaps more along the lines of
what you are looking for.

-David

On Dec 5, 2005, at 2:21 PM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> does someone have working source code for the excercises used in the
> basic and advanced framework videos?
>

> Thanx
> Fred

Re: Users - Training video excecises

David E. Jones

The training videos are offered by Undersun Consulting which is not
affiliated with The Open For Business Project which this mailing list
represents. Questions about this should be sent to Undersun and _not_
to the OFBiz users discussion mailing list.

-David