Users - Translation & Testing

cesardi
Firs of all, Many thanks to the Ofbiz development and user communites.

I'm currently testing Ofbiz on FreeBSD and Windows 2000 platforms, planing to put in production in the next weeks.
The only major issue is the fact that the translation to Spanish seems to be missing. I'm already Translating almost the major part of modules but get lost in some points so if any one here could help me with the translation will be great.
I'm also interested in commit these translations to the svn. Seems that all other translations are incomplete or non functional.
Also ask the possibility of doing some site about Ofbiz in Spanish in the future. I want to collaborate with this project and asking for approval.

Greetings From Argentina

Thanks In Advance.

Cesar DiMartino.

Re: Users - Translation & Testing

David E. Jones

Cesar,

There is a group in Mexico City that is working toward some of these
ends. I don't know how much variation there would be with local
differences... I speak "Mexican" but based on the accent of a good
friend from Argentina I know there are pronunciation and slang
differences, though I don't know how much of this will need to vary
in OFBiz.

For the web site I think they registered a domain name for this
recently and have some plans in this area.

Whatever the case, some collaboration should be possible if you are
interested. I think some of them are on this list, so hopefully
they'll join in...

-David

On Feb 9, 2006, at 9:08 AM, Cesar DiMartino wrote:

> Firs of all, Many thanks to the Ofbiz development and user communites.
>
> I'm currently testing Ofbiz on FreeBSD and Windows 2000 platforms,
> planing to put in production in the next weeks.
> The only major issue is the fact that the translation to Spanish
> seems to be missing. I'm already Translating almost the major part
> of modules but get lost in some points so if any one here could
> help me with the translation will be great.
> I'm also interested in commit these translations to the svn. Seems
> that all other translations are incomplete or non functional.
> Also ask the possibility of doing some site about Ofbiz in Spanish
> in the future. I want to collaborate with this project and asking
> for approval.
>
> Greetings From Argentina
>
> Thanks In Advance.
>
> Cesar DiMartino.

Re: Users - Translation & Testing

ivan martinez-2
Hi all
My name is Ivan Martinez from Venezuela.
I can help you Cesar, to translate ofbiz to spanish if you give me
directions what must be translate.
I have a long experience with programing but a litle contact with
ofbiz. But I´m very interested in learn more about ofbiz.
I think translate is a good way to begin a closer contact with ofbiz.
I can give one hour per day to this project.
Ivan Martinez

10/02/2006

Re: Users - Translation & Testing

cesardi
Estimados Ivan y Eneko
Desde ya muchas gracias por el interes.
Creo que lo mas acertado seria formar un equipo de traduccion, y
comenzar a trabajar inmediatamente.
No he tenido tiempo de contactar a la gente de mexico, y seria sin
duda de gran ayuda su aporte. Si alguno de ustedes los ha contactado
antes podrian invitarlos a
unirsenos.
Espero poder subir los archivos de mensajes que he modificado en las
proximas 24 a 48 horas luego de hacerles unas correcciones, y luego de
conseguir acceso de escritura al svn.
He notado que a menudo surgen cambios en estos archivos en su version
en ingles, por lo cual  es necesario hacer un seguimiento de ellos.

Yendo a cuestiones mas concretas sobre la traduccion:
Las posibles traducciones para el modulo "PARTY" el cual es de
extremada importancia.
El caso de la la palabra PARTY, por ejemplo en español latinoamericano
podrian ser

Parte(s), Entidad(/es) por ejemplo, sin embargo ninguna de estas
palbras refleja su real significado. Si a alguno de ustedes se les
ocurre algo sobre este punto en particular les agradeceria
infinitamente.

Muchas gracias.

Cesar DiMartino

On 2/10/06, ivan martinez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hola Cesar:
> Mi nombre es Ivan Martinez von Halle soy Colombiano de Nacimiento pero
> vivo en Venezuela desde hace mas de 30 años.
> Tengo bastante experiencia en la computacion. Desde 1970 estudiando
> hasta hoy trabajando. Siempre he programado. Trabajo como asesor
> independiente instalando los sistermas que yo mismo desarrollo. Mi
> herramienta principal es Visual Foxpro y estoy comenzandoa desarrollar
> aplicaciones en html-php-mysql. Hace tiempo estoy buscando un erp y he
> estado en contacto con compiere levemente pero no me motivo. Hace unos
> 15 dias me tope con ofbiz y con la comunidad y me ha llamado mucho la
> atencion.
> Baje la ultima version de sequoia y la instale sin mayores problemas.
> Lo unico que no he puesto a funcionar es el pos.
>
> Bueno como te cuento puedo ayudar en la traduccion, con tu guia creo
> que puedo hacerlo. Leo y entiendo muy bien el ingles. No lo hablo
> mucho. Pero creo que eso no es tan importante ahora.
> Estoy a tus ordenes.
>
> Si prefieres estas comunicaciones las hacemos por la lista de ofbiz o
> personalmente no se lo que sea mejor.
>
> A tus ordenes
>
> Ivan Martinez von Halle
> Tel : (0058)412-950-4330
> [hidden email]
>

> Hi all
> My name is Ivan Martinez from Venezuela.
> i can help you Cesar, to translate ofbiz to spanish if you give me
> directions what must be translate.
> I have a long experience with programing but a litle contact with
> ofbiz. But I´m very interested in learn more about ofbiz.
> I think translate is a good way to begin a closer contact with
> ofbiz.
> I can give one hour per day to this project.
> Ivan Martinez
>

> Nota: Puedes escribirme en español.

Les agradecerian si pudieran escribir en Ingles en estas listas. La
mayoria no entienden Espanol. Para facilitar comunicacion escribimos
en Ingles, y aunque muchos no escriben bien en Ingles todavia
necesitamos algo para poder comunicar entre todos. Hay muchos que no
hablan Ingles como primera idioma, entonces entendemos cuando alguien
no escribe perfectemente.

Si parece ser necessario escribir en su propia idioma, por lo menos
es mejor si puede incluir una traduccion.

-David

============== Translation:

I would appreciate it if you could write in English in these lists.
The majority don't understand Spanish. To facilitate communication we
write in English, and even though many don't write well in English we
still need some to be able to communicate among everyone. There are
many who don't speak English as a first language, and so we
understand when someone doesn't write perfectly.

If it seems necessary to write en your own language, it is better if
you can at least include a translation.

-David

On Feb 13, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Cesar DiMartino wrote:

> [...]
>> que puedo hacerlo. Leo y entiendo muy bien el ingles. No lo hablo
>> mucho. Pero creo que eso no es tan importante ahora.
>> Estoy a tus ordenes.
>>
>> Si prefieres estas comunicaciones las hacemos por la lista de ofbiz o
>> personalmente no se lo que sea mejor.
>>
>> A tus ordenes
>>
>> Ivan Martinez von Halle
>> Tel : (0058)412-950-4330
>> [hidden email]
>>

>> Hi all
>> My name is Ivan Martinez from Venezuela.
>> i can help you Cesar, to translate ofbiz to spanish if you give me
>> directions what must be translate.
>> I have a long experience with programing but a litle contact with
>> ofbiz. But I´m very interested in learn more about ofbiz.
>> I think translate is a good way to begin a closer contact with
>> ofbiz.
>> I can give one hour per day to this project.

I'm not sure if it will help on the Party question, but in English
"Party" is often used as a legal term to represent one side of a
case. It can be a person, a corporation, a government entity, or
whatever. There are other contexts where it is used, but the
equivalent term to this in Spanish should hopefully fit the bill...

> [...]

>> que puedo hacerlo. Leo y entiendo muy bien el ingles. No lo hablo
>> mucho. Pero creo que eso no es tan importante ahora.
>> Estoy a tus ordenes.
>>
>> Si prefieres estas comunicaciones las hacemos por la lista de ofbiz o
>> personalmente no se lo que sea mejor.
>>
>> A tus ordenes
>>
>> Ivan Martinez von Halle
>> Tel : (0058)412-950-4330
>> [hidden email]
>>

>> Hi all
>> My name is Ivan Martinez from Venezuela.
>> i can help you Cesar, to translate ofbiz to spanish if you give me
>> directions what must be translate.
>> I have a long experience with programing but a litle contact with
>> ofbiz. But I´m very interested in learn more about ofbiz.
>> I think translate is a good way to begin a closer contact with
>> ofbiz.
>> I can give one hour per day to this project.

Florin T.PATRASCU (work)
Oh c'mon David :'( I was about to post a clarification in ... Romanian ;)

Just joking guys!
-florin

David E. Jones wrote:

> [...]
>>> que puedo hacerlo. Leo y entiendo muy bien el ingles. No lo hablo
>>> mucho. Pero creo que eso no es tan importante ahora.
>>> Estoy a tus ordenes.
>>>
>>> Si prefieres estas comunicaciones las hacemos por la lista de ofbiz o
>>> personalmente no se lo que sea mejor.
>>>
>>> A tus ordenes
>>>
>>> Ivan Martinez von Halle
>>> Tel : (0058)412-950-4330
>>> [hidden email]
>>>

>>> Hi all
>>> My name is Ivan Martinez from Venezuela.
>>> i can help you Cesar, to translate ofbiz to spanish if you give me
>>> directions what must be translate.
>>> I have a long experience with programing but a litle contact with
>>> ofbiz. But I´m very interested in learn more about ofbiz.
>>> I think translate is a good way to begin a closer contact with
>>> ofbiz.
>>> I can give one hour per day to this project.

Yes, that's a good example. Post something in Romanian and you'd
probably lose most of us... starting with me. ;)

-David