Users - UOM question

Walter Vaughan
As part of learning how to populate ofBiz with our products a question came up
which at first seemed weird to us. There is no UOM types like "eaches" "pairs"
"sets". This seemed quite odd to us.

We went to Si's website to see how he handled things we knew he had to sell in
pairs (pillow cases for example), and noticed that he listed them as "Two of
something", but the word "pair" didn't appear anywhere AFAWCT.

I googled everything I could about ofbiz and this topic and found nothing that
would explain this.

Are we to assume that we should normalize everything and assume everything that
we sell as pairs at the retail level is a "unit" that is composed of either two
identical subunits or a left and right hand mirror subunits?

Thanks...

--
Walter