Users - Warehouse Selection

Lon F. Binder-2
Hey All -

If there is inventory for a product in two facilities, and a user places an order for that product through the e-commerce store, how does OFBiz determine which facility to take inventory from?

Any help is greatly appreciated. And if you could possibly point me to the place in the code where this actually occurs, it'd be great.

Best,

Lon

Re: Users - Warehouse Selection

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Lon,

you can set this information in the ProductStore entity:
Catalog-->Stores

Jacopo

Lon F. Binder wrote:

> Hey All -
>
> If there is inventory for a product in two facilities, and a user places
> an order for that product through the e-commerce store, how does OFBiz
> determine which facility to take inventory from?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated. And if you could possibly point me to
> the place in the code where this actually occurs, it'd be great.
>
> Best,
>
> Lon

Re: Users - Warehouse Selection

Lon F. Binder-2
Jacopo,

Thank you for the pointer. Within Catalog-->Stores-->Store a field
"Inventory Facility Id".  I assume this is where you select the fulfillment
center.  Is it possible to have secondary facilities, in case the primary
facility is out of inventory?

Lon F. Binder wrote:

> Hey All -
>
> If there is inventory for a product in two facilities, and a user
> places an order for that product through the e-commerce store, how
> does OFBiz determine which facility to take inventory from?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated. And if you could possibly point me to
> the place in the code where this actually occurs, it'd be great.
>
> Best,
>
> Lon

Re: Users - Warehouse Selection

Jacopo Cappellato
Lon,

in that page you should find a flag to switch on/off multi facility
reservations.
However, multi facility reservations are not fully
supported/implemented, so use some time to test how the system works...

Jacopo