Users - Where to store "customer" information?

Users - Where to store "customer" information?

Carl Sopchak
Hi,

We're in the very early stages of implementing OFBiz (for wholesale lumber),
and we just took a look at the Party and related entities to see where we'd
put our customer information.  It seems to us that the information relating
to a Party is primarily "person" related.  However, our customers are
primarily "companies".  We're still looking, but haven't seen anywhere to
enter things like Company Name (first, middle, last names doesn't cut it),
payment terms (2% 10 net 30, for example), tax exempt number, etc.

I've looked at this from the database side as well as the application side,
but with over 150 tables related to Party, it's kinds hard to find where info
might be stored.

Are we missing something?  Is this a typical mod ('cause "everyone has
different requirements")?  Has anyone else done similar mods that might help
us out?

Thanks for the help,

Carl

Re: Users - Where to store "customer" information?

Vinay Agarwal
PartyGroup is the company entity. You can browse details through webtools -
Entity Data Maintenance - PartyGroup (All).

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Where to store "customer" information?

You can find quite a bit of information by looking at the seed data files to see how things are organized, but the best source for the high level data model concepts in OFBiz is The Data Model Resource Book, Revised Edition, Volumes 1 and 2 (for more information, etc see the Docs & Books page on the ofbiz.org site):

http://www.ofbiz.org/documents.html

-David