Users - Would an entity cleanup webtool like this be useful?

Users - Would an entity cleanup webtool like this be useful?

cjhowe
This would probably be easiest to implement using an
EntityMaintanence entity with entityEnum, serviceName,
lastRun as fields.  Then create services and
simple-methods to run whatever kind of maintenance
that is necessary.

========Vinay wrote:
Hello,

I find need for an entity cleanup tool that can delete
or export an entity
and all related entities excluding seed. I use very
drastic database delete
and ant run-install for this purpose while I am
getting familiar with OFBiz.
Even in production, I can see need to cleanup entities
for signups that were
not completed or some selected past data. I expect
something like this to
work as follows:

1. If the entity's primary key is non-numeric, assume
it is seed data
and do nothing.
2. From each numeric field of the target entity, find
all the related
entities and put them on the entity list. (If you know
of Java function and
syntax that would do it, I would like to know.)
3. Find all entities that use any of the target
entity's primary keys
and add them to this entity list. (Again, I would want
to know Java function
to do it.)
4. For every entry on the entity list, perform the
find functions 2 and
3 recursively.
5. Present the entire list to the admin with checkbox
include/exclude operation.
6. Perform delete or export operation as selected.

I can do this in Java with some help :-)

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Would an entity cleanup webtool like this be useful?

BJ Freeman
if you look at the webtools -> Entity Data Maintenance
you can expand from that.

Chris Howe sent the following on 3/1/06 12:30 PM: