Users - bsh List Interface from Arralist ?

Re: Users - CMS Image upload

Andrew Sykes
Al,

Thank you.

I don't know if it used to work, yesterday was the first time I'd tried
it.

Andrew

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 20:39 -0700, Al Byers wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Did it used to work? I don't see how. I put a fix into Rev 6889 that
> eliminates that problem. Let me know of any others.
>
> -Al
>
> Andrew Sykes wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm trying to upload an image in the content application, but I keep
> >getting this error.
> >
> >The following required parameter is missing: [resequence.contentIdTo]
> >
> >Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - Entity XML Export

Andrew,

Off the top of my head I don't think there is anything in place for
doing this, but I like the idea... it would certainly be useful for
lots of stuff.

This could be done based on the timestamps that the Entity Engine
automatically populates and that the EntitySync and other tools use.
It's probably best to use the last updated transaction time stamp for
the best consistency and such.

-David

On Mar 2, 2006, at 4:56 AM, Andrew Sykes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would it be a good idea to add a fromDate and thruDate to the entity
> export stuff in webtools?
>
> I think this would be a handy thing when preparing seed data as it
> would
> allow the developer to quickly extract only the changes he'd made.
>
> Perhaps there is another way of doing this already...?
> --
> Kind Regards
> Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
> Sykes Development Ltd
> http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - bsh List Interface from Arralist ?

Sterling Okura

Not sure if this will work for your situation, but one option that is much simpler than a recursive check is to copy all product members from a subcategory into their parent category.  So each of the 4 main categories will have all products that can be found in each of their subcategories, and users can still drill down and search subcategories to filter products.  You can modify the main category templates to only display subcategories if you don’t want all the individual products showing up.  This is how many big online stores (like circuitcity.com) do it.

If you go this way, there is an easy tool in the Catalog Manager that lets you copy all members from one category to another.

Good luck,

sterling

Users - CMS EditElectronicText

Andrew Sykes
Al,

It appears that EditElectronicText does not retrieve a stored record,
but it does update.

E.g. Create a data resource, create a text entry, go back to data
resource and click the "text" tab, the box will appear empty.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - CMS EditElectronicText

Andrew Sykes
Al,

I have given David a patch for this, so you can ignore the last email.

On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 13:09 +0000, Andrew Sykes wrote:
> Al,
>
> It appears that EditElectronicText does not retrieve a stored record,
> but it does update.
>
> E.g. Create a data resource, create a text entry, go back to data
> resource and click the "text" tab, the box will appear empty.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - CMS Image upload

Andrew Sykes
Al,

The upload page doesn't throw up an error anymore, but it doesn't
actually seem to do anything!?

Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place, but I can see any evidence
that it is actually storing the image, when you upload an image, there
seems to be a load of serverhit associated stack trace generated, but I
can't see anything particularly pertaining to images.

Sorry to be a pain.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - CMS Image upload

byersa
Andrew,

There are a couple of places from which documents can be uploaded. Can
you tell me the path that you were using? I will try to add back some of
the work that we have done to do a better job of upload and display.

-Al

Andrew Sykes wrote:

>Al,
>
>The upload page doesn't throw up an error anymore, but it doesn't
>actually seem to do anything!?
>
>Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place, but I can see any evidence
>that it is actually storing the image, when you upload an image, there
>seems to be a load of serverhit associated stack trace generated, but I
>can't see anything particularly pertaining to images.
>
>Sorry to be a pain.

Re: Users - CMS Image upload

Andrew Sykes
Al,

Thanks for the quick response.

This is the same URL I previously reported a problem with...
/content/control/UploadImage

Andrew

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 21:43 -0700, Al Byers wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> There are a couple of places from which documents can be uploaded. Can
> you tell me the path that you were using? I will try to add back some of
> the work that we have done to do a better job of upload and display.
>
> -Al
>
> Andrew Sykes wrote:
>
> >Al,
> >
> >The upload page doesn't throw up an error anymore, but it doesn't
> >actually seem to do anything!?
> >
> >Perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place, but I can see any evidence
> >that it is actually storing the image, when you upload an image, there
> >seems to be a load of serverhit associated stack trace generated, but I
> >can't see anything particularly pertaining to images.
> >
> >Sorry to be a pain.

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Users - WYSIWYG

Andrew Sykes
Has anyone had a look at FCKEditor?
http://www.fckeditor.net

We use it a little, it seems quite a good package.

It is licensed under LGPL, I'm not sure how compatible that would be...

Any thoughts?
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - WYSIWYG

BJ Freeman
from what I have read, on the list LGPL is not able to be included in
Source.

I assume you are talking about WYSIWYG for the widgets.
it seems to me we already have this, in the rendering engine for the
widgets. It just has to be able to render in a window when you point to
a widget.
a sub window would have the widget XML so you can create or edit it.
Maybe initialize the windows with a widget framework, with selection of
the framework. the Frame work selection could be an XML.
Not suggesting any error correction, at this point, just put the hooks
in for later.

At least that is what I am muddling with in my mind.

Andrew Sykes sent the following on 3/7/06 1:58 AM:
> Has anyone had a look at FCKEditor?
> http://www.fckeditor.net
>
> We use it a little, it seems quite a good package.
>
> It is licensed under LGPL, I'm not sure how compatible that would be...
>
> Any thoughts?

Re: Users - WYSIWYG

Andrew Sykes
BJ,