Users - createcustomer

oceatoon
Hi Ofbizians

We are setting up our customer service, and discovered the huge mini lang behind it (customerService).
my first question is where you guys buy your aspirine ...??? ;-)

It is quite complicated to sort out exactly what happens in the createCutomer Service.
Fortunetly that service works just like we need it, so we won't be changing anything.

on the other hand, Today ofbiz cut up each part of a customer account into seperate sections so that
users only update what is needed.
unfortunelty our client wants everything in one single form so our idea was to use the createCustomer as an updateCustomer  ,
but as we looked through, we sort of got lost in there.
so I wonder if there is a simple way to do this based on the createCustomer process
or should we gather all update processes for each section into one uniCustomerUpdate?

Thanks for your thoughts
regards
Tibor

Re: Users - createcustomer

Andrew Sykes
Tibor,

If you are aggregating several steps into a single form, you should be
able to simply chain the various form targets together in controller.xml
so that instead of each step returning a screen, a successful completion
of one step automatically forwards the remaining request parameters to
the next step.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - createcustomer

oceatoon
Hi Andrew
I was afraid you might answer that , since that was my least easiest solution
but thx for the info
Tibor

On 4/4/06, Andrew Sykes < [hidden email]> wrote:
Tibor,

If you are aggregating several steps into a single form, you should be
able to simply chain the various form targets together in controller.xml
so that instead of each step returning a screen, a successful completion
of one step automatically forwards the remaining request parameters to
the next step.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: Users - createcustomer

Andrew Sykes
Tibor,

This shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

If you remove the <form> elements from each separate screen, you could
simply include them all in one big form.

Did you have an alternative idea in mind? This is probably not the only
way it could be done.

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 15:56 +0200, tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hi Andrew
> I was afraid you might answer that , since that was my least easiest
> solution
> but thx for the info
> Tibor
>
> On 4/4/06, Andrew Sykes < [hidden email]> wrote:
>         Tibor,
>
>         If you are aggregating several steps into a single form, you
>         should be
>         able to simply chain the various form targets together in
>         controller.xml
>         so that instead of each step returning a screen, a successful
>         completion
>         of one step automatically forwards the remaining request
>         parameters to
>         the next step.
>         --
>         Kind Regards
>         Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
>         Sykes Development Ltd
>         http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - createcustomer

oceatoon
Thx Andrew
I'm not so familiar with the forms yet I'm still working on modifying the createCustomer.
but I'll definitly try that out.
would you know how to use the loop tag in minilang by any chance?
I'm trying to make a dynamic field creation where a user can add as many inputs as he likes
but I'm having a hard time retriving the entered information with Minilang.

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>