Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

oceatoon
Hi Ofbizians

I'm wondering if there is any possibility to insert an xtra parameter into the path given as parameter to a screens.render. Something like screens.render("mypath..#myscreen?type=cocorico")

then in my screens action bsh  I could use it just like a context variable.

PS : I'm used to a great functionality in Cocoon's sitemap (similar to the controller.xml or the widget/screen.xml, wraps url's to actions) where url pocess many different types of readers.  A url can contain Regular Expressions, variables and many other usefull url decoders.

Regards
Tibor

Re: Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

Andrew Sykes
Tibor,

You can add additional stuff using...
<set field="MyVariable" value="ThisIsTheValue" />
(in widgets)

The process is similar in ftl.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>

Re: Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

oceatoon
Hi Andrew
yes but the data cannot be set at call time, it's static in the screen's declaration .
which means one declaration per different value :-(

if the data is passed at call time there will be only one dynamic declaration.
it's just wishfull thinking but with all that allready exists I never know what surprise will
pop out of these posts :-)

Regards
Tibor

On 4/3/06, Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tibor,

You can add additional stuff using...
<set field="MyVariable" value="ThisIsTheValue" />
(in widgets)

The process is similar in ftl.
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes < [hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Tibor,

you should pass the parameter to the screen as a standard url parameter:

http://localhost..../myscreen?type=cocorico

then you can use the variable in the screen's action in this way:

<set field="type" from-field="parameters.type" />

The variable "type" can then be used in your screen's action bsh.

Jacopo

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hi Andrew
> yes but the data cannot be set at call time, it's static in the screen's
> declaration .
> which means one declaration per different value :-(
>
> if the data is passed at call time there will be only one dynamic
> declaration.
> it's just wishfull thinking but with all that allready exists I never
> know what surprise will
> pop out of these posts :-)
>
> Regards
> Tibor
>
> On 4/3/06, * Andrew Sykes* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Tibor,
>
>     You can add additional stuff using...
>     <set field="MyVariable" value="ThisIsTheValue" />
>     (in widgets)
>
>     The process is similar in ftl.
>     --
>     Kind Regards
>     Andrew Sykes < [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     Sykes Development Ltd
>     http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

oceatoon
Thx Jacopo
you obviously know it
but I tested and this variable is also accessible to all sub screens.render calls which answers my question  :-)
Regards
Tibor

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hi Andrew
> yes but the data cannot be set at call time, it's static in the screen's
> declaration .
> which means one declaration per different value :-(
>
> if the data is passed at call time there will be only one dynamic
> declaration.
> it's just wishfull thinking but with all that allready exists I never
> know what surprise will
> pop out of these posts :-)
>
> Regards
> Tibor
>
> On 4/3/06, * Andrew Sykes* < [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Tibor,
>
>     You can add additional stuff using...
>     <set field="MyVariable" value="ThisIsTheValue" />
>     (in widgets)
>
>     The process is similar in ftl.
>     --
>     Kind Regards
>     Andrew Sykes < [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     Sykes Development Ltd
>     http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

Andrew Sykes
Tibor,

Perhaps something like this then...
<set field="MyVariable" value="${paramFromSomewhereElse}" />

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 13:10 +0200, tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hi Andrew
> yes but the data cannot be set at call time, it's static in the
> screen's declaration .
> which means one declaration per different value :-(
>
> if the data is passed at call time there will be only one dynamic
> declaration.
> it's just wishfull thinking but with all that allready exists I never
> know what surprise will
> pop out of these posts :-)
>
> Regards
> Tibor
>
> On 4/3/06, Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         Tibor,
>
>         You can add additional stuff using...
>         <set field="MyVariable" value="ThisIsTheValue" />
>         (in widgets)
>
>         The process is similar in ftl.
>         --
>         Kind Regards
>         Andrew Sykes < [hidden email]>
>         Sykes Development Ltd
>         http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

Tibor,

sorry, I'm not sure to understand... did the information help you to
resolve your problem?

Jacopo

tibor katelbach wrote:
> Thx Jacopo
> you obviously know it
> but I tested and this variable is also accessible to all sub
> screens.render calls which answers my question  :-)
> Regards
> Tibor

Re: Users - dynamic elements in path call to a screens.render

oceatoon
yes, sorry it worked perfectly thx.
I just wanted to add a precision to your answer(about sub screens.render) but obviously didn't make things clear

thx Andrew that works well too.
Thanks for your help guys.