Users - dynamic view in simple service

Fred Forester-2

Hi all,

is it possible to create dynamic view in a simple service or will the
service have to be written in java to do that?

Thanx
Fred

Re: Users - dynamic view in simple service

David E. Jones

Right now the only way to do it is with the Java API, either in Java code or BeanShell, or perhaps with a great deal of difficulty using the create-object and call-class-method and call-object-method and other such simple-method operations.

I have certainly thought about extending the entity-condition operation to support dynamic views, but to my knowledge no work has been done on that.

-David

Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to create dynamic view in a simple service or will the
> service have to be written in java to do that?
>
> Thanx
> Fred

Re: Users - dynamic view in simple service

Fred Forester-2
thanx, I was starting to come to the same conclusion but thought I'd ask.

If there is somekinda writeup or a few tips/pointers on adding support
for dynamic views to entity-condition I may give it a try.

however, I still have to write the code for original problem first wnich
is a quick lookup of products by supplier and inventory quantities when
entering a purchase order :)

Thanx again
Fred

David E Jones wrote:

> Right now the only way to do it is with the Java API, either in Java code or BeanShell, or perhaps with a great deal of difficulty using the create-object and call-class-method and call-object-method and other such simple-method operations.
>
> I have certainly thought about extending the entity-condition operation to support dynamic views, but to my knowledge no work has been done on that.
>
> -David
>

> Fred Forester wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>is it possible to create dynamic view in a simple service or will the
>>service have to be written in java to do that?
>>
>>Thanx
>>Fred

Re: Users - dynamic view in simple service

Andrew Sykes
Fred,

Have a look at "Building Parsers with Java" by Metzker.

This is one of the recommended reading books.

A fascinating read!
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>