Users - firefox ssl

Fred Forester-2

hi all,

firefox complains about the ssl cert when trying to get to obfiz  I get
-8182 error code. has anyone else been bit by this?

thanx.
Fred

Re: Users - firefox ssl

cjhowe
This was brought up a month or so ago.  The
certificate that OFBiz ships with is expired and self
signed so it causes a hiccup every once in a while.
If you're just developing on your own, just restart
firefox.  If this is for a production site or for a
client, you need to look into adding a signed
certificate into the key store.  I know nothing about
this stuff, but I'm sure you can find some answers in
the mailing list, the wiki and a google search.

> hi all,
>

> firefox complains about the ssl cert when trying to
> get to obfiz  I get
> -8182 error code. has anyone else been bit by this?
>

> thanx.
> Fred

Re: Users - firefox ssl

Scott Gray
Hi Fred

I couldn't get it to work either so I replaced the certificate with the
older revision and everything seems fine now.

Regards
Scott

Re: Users - firefox ssl

Fred Forester-2

thanx guys,  I was wondering if it would be possible to use the keys
that came with my apache install. they seem to work ok.

Fred.

Scott Gray wrote:

> Hi Fred
>
> I couldn't get it to work either so I replaced the certificate with the
> older revision and everything seems fine now.
>
> Regards
> Scott

Re: Users - firefox ssl

G Venkata Phanindra
Hi all,
        I am also facing with the same problem can any one give me compleate steps to be followed to replace the certificate with the older revision or change the keys.......

Thanks
Phani

Scott Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fred

I couldn't get it to work either so I replaced the certificate with the
older revision and everything seems fine now.

Regards
Scott

firefox complains about the ssl cert when trying to get to obfiz I get
-8182 error code. has anyone else been bit by this?

thanx.
Fred

With Regards,

G Venkata Phanindra.
Mobile :9849852989.

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

Re: Users - firefox ssl

I have the same problem too.
You can fix this replacing the base/conf/ofbizssl.jks file with the
attached one (it's the previous revision of the file, as Scott mentioned).

Jacopo

Scott Gray wrote:

> Hi Fred
>
> I couldn't get it to work either so I replaced the certificate with the
> older revision and everything seems fine now.
>
> Regards
> Scott

ofbizssl.jks (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - firefox ssl

Fred Forester-2

its also easy to just create one.

keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -alias ssl -keystore
/home/devj/ofbiz/keys/ofbizssl.jks

copy that file to ofbiz/base/config/ofbizssl.jks

use "changeit" for the password. note this is NOT a production cert but
will work for testing.