Users - how to add a new category id

puranisank

Hi,
I am now learning how to add new store,catalog,category,product.
I have created a new catalog named "Veg Market" under the existing store "ofbiz E-commerce store".
Now I try to create different categories under the catalog "Veg Market" for which the system lists the default product categoryID such as
1) Boat Rental [BoatRental]
2) Conference Rooms [ConfRooms]
3) Configurable PCs etc.

So I am forced to choose only these ids.
What should I do to name the categories like
1) Rooted Veg
2) Water Veg
3) Carbohydrate items etc.

Thanks and Regards
Purani

Re: Users - how to add a new category id

Apoorv Gadwal
hi,
create New categories with the names rooted veg, water veg etc in the catalog administration page and then add the catalog "Veg Market" in the Catalogs tab for that category.

On 7 Jun 2006 06:40:19 -0000, Purani S <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I am now learning how to add new store,catalog,category,product.
I have created a new catalog named "Veg Market" under the existing store "ofbiz E-commerce store".
Now I try to create different categories under the catalog "Veg Market" for which the system lists the default product categoryID such as
1) Boat Rental [BoatRental]
2) Conference Rooms [ConfRooms]
3) Configurable PCs etc.

So I am forced to choose only these ids.
What should I do to name the categories like
1) Rooted Veg
2) Water Veg
3) Carbohydrate items etc.

Thanks and Regards
Purani

Re: Users - how to add a new category id

puranisank

Thanks Gadwal. I got it.

Purani

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 Apoorv Gadwal wrote :
>hi,
>create New categories with the names rooted veg, water veg etc in the
>catalog administration page and then add the catalog "Veg Market" in the
>Catalogs tab for that category.
>
>On 7 Jun 2006 06:40:19 -0000, Purani S <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>Hi,
>>I am now learning how to add new store,catalog,category,product.
>>I have created a new catalog named "Veg Market" under the existing store
>>"ofbiz E-commerce store".
>>Now I try to create different categories under the catalog "Veg Market"
>>for which the system lists the default product categoryID such as
>>1) Boat Rental [BoatRental]
>>2) Conference Rooms [ConfRooms]
>>3) Configurable PCs etc.
>>
>>So I am forced to choose only these ids.
>>What should I do to name the categories like
>>1) Rooted Veg
>>2) Water Veg
>>3) Carbohydrate items etc.
>>
>>Thanks and Regards
>>Purani
>>

>><http://adworks.rediff.com/cgi-bin/AdWorks/sigclick.cgi/www.rediff.com/signature-home.htm/1507191490@Middle5?PARTNER=3>

Re: Users - how to add a new category id

BJ Freeman
You can also look at changing the demoproducts.xml and importing this
thru webtools.
I find most of my customer, want to do imports using csv files, to the
next step is read in the csv file make it the equivalent of the
demoproducts.xml the import that into ofbiz.

Purani S sent the following on 6/7/06 2:43 AM: