Users - install the certificate, help

Hao Jiang-4
Hello, I've never done this before, so please help me.

I got the certificate, then use the "keytool" command, it generated a
file called "tomcat.keystore". I copied it to ofbiz/base/config, then
tried to modify ofbiz/base/config/jsse.properties, set

ofbiz.trustStore=${env.ofbiz.home}/base/config/tomcat.keystore
ofbiz.trustStore.password=changeit
ofbiz.trustStore.type=keystore

I restart the sever, but failed and part of the error message
java.io.IOException: java.security.KeyStoreException: keystore not found
        at
org.ofbiz.service.rmi.socket.ssl.SSLServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(SSLServerSocketFactory.java:95)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newServerSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:615)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.listen(TCPTransport.java:231)
        ... 15 more

what else I need to do?

Thanks

Hao

Re: Users - install the certificate, help

Andrew Sykes
Hao,

There's a wiki page on this...
http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfiguringSSL

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd

Re: Users - install the certificate, help

Hao Jiang-4
Thanks, but I found this message on wiki

ALERT: TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, THIS CURRENTLY ISN'T WORKING. See 2
April 2004 email: Users - The problem about SSL in ofbiz3.0. Andy
Zeneski writes: The HttpClient is being run from that JSP to parse a
template. Since the SSL certificate is not trusted, it doesn't like the
connection... When we finally get around to changing these to FTL files
it will

Is it still true?

Regards

Hao

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 10:15 +0000, Andrew Sykes wrote:
> Hao,
>
> There's a wiki page on this...
> http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfiguringSSL
>
> Kind Regards

Re: Users - install the certificate, help

David E. Jones

If you have an HttpClient request going over HTTPS and it is setup to
require the certificate to be trusted then it doesn't matter if it's
JSP or FTL or Java or BSH or whatever... If the certificate isn't
signed by a trusted authority and the client requires that then
there's no way around it except to use a signed cert, or change your
code to not require a signed cert by a trusted authority, or add a
trusted the signing authority to your list of trusted authorities or
whatever.

-David

On Dec 15, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Hao Jiang wrote:

> Thanks, but I found this message on wiki
>
> ALERT: TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, THIS CURRENTLY ISN'T WORKING.
> See 2
> April 2004 email: Users - The problem about SSL in ofbiz3.0. Andy
> Zeneski writes: The HttpClient is being run from that JSP to parse a
> template. Since the SSL certificate is not trusted, it doesn't like
> the
> connection... When we finally get around to changing these to FTL
> files
> it will
>
> Is it still true?
>
> Regards
>
> Hao
>
> On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 10:15 +0000, Andrew Sykes wrote:
>> Hao,
>>
>> There's a wiki page on this...
>> http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfiguringSSL
>>
>> Kind Regards

Re: Users - install the certificate, help

Hao Jiang-4
Thanks David, I already have a certificate, but as per the instruction,
the installation should be:

Installing Your Issued Web Server Certificate

     i. Use the following command to import the issued certificate into
        your keystore.
    ii. keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore tomcat.keystore
        -trustcacerts -file <name of your certificate>

Updating the server.xml Configuration File
When you have completed installing your certificate, you must configure
your Tomcat server.xml configuration file to point to the correct
keystore file:

     1. Open the server.xml file.
     2. After uncommenting the SSL/TLS connector from server.xml, locate
        the following text section:
        <Factory
        className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
        clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
     3. Add the "keystoreFile" and "keystorePass directives:
        <Factory
        className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
        clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"
        keystoreFile="/full/path/to/tomcat.keystore"
        keystorePass="changeit" />
     4. Restart Tomcat.

My problems are:

1.  I didn't get any *.jks file, only a file called tomcat.keystore
2.  apparently the server.xml disappeared in ofbiz, the
base/config/jsse.properties looks like the place to configure some
information, which I tried before but failed.

This is my first time doing such thing, so please help me.

Thanks

Hao
On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 12:11 -0700, David E. Jones wrote:

> If you have an HttpClient request going over HTTPS and it is setup to
> require the certificate to be trusted then it doesn't matter if it's
> JSP or FTL or Java or BSH or whatever... If the certificate isn't
> signed by a trusted authority and the client requires that then
> there's no way around it except to use a signed cert, or change your
> code to not require a signed cert by a trusted authority, or add a
> trusted the signing authority to your list of trusted authorities or
> whatever.
>
> -David
>

> On Dec 15, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Hao Jiang wrote:
>
> > Thanks, but I found this message on wiki
> >
> > ALERT: TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, THIS CURRENTLY ISN'T WORKING.
> > See 2
> > April 2004 email: Users - The problem about SSL in ofbiz3.0. Andy
> > Zeneski writes: The HttpClient is being run from that JSP to parse a
> > template. Since the SSL certificate is not trusted, it doesn't like
> > the
> > connection... When we finally get around to changing these to FTL
> > files
> > it will
> >
> > Is it still true?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Hao
> >
> > On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 10:15 +0000, Andrew Sykes wrote:
> >> Hao,
> >>
> >> There's a wiki page on this...
> >> http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfiguringSSL
> >>
> >> Kind Regards

Re: Users - install the certificate, help

David E. Jones

Have you looked at the section that covers this in the Basic
Production Setup Guide? It has more detailed steps for getting this
done...

-David

On Dec 15, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Hao Jiang wrote:

> [...]
>> trusted the signing authority to your list of trusted authorities or
>> whatever.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> On Dec 15, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Hao Jiang wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, but I found this message on wiki
>>>
>>> ALERT: TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, THIS CURRENTLY ISN'T WORKING.
>>> See 2
>>> April 2004 email: Users - The problem about SSL in ofbiz3.0. Andy
>>> Zeneski writes: The HttpClient is being run from that JSP to parse a
>>> template. Since the SSL certificate is not trusted, it doesn't like
>>> the
>>> connection... When we finally get around to changing these to FTL
>>> files
>>> it will
>>>
>>> Is it still true?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Hao

Re: Users - install the certificate, help

I followed the steps and modified the file at
base/config/obbiz-containers.xml

Now I got this message

Firefox and XXX cannot communicate securely because they have no common
encryption algorithms

What's wrong?

Hao