Users - javascript event and action in field (widget forms)

Users - javascript event and action in field (widget forms)

oceatoon
Hi everyone

We are trying to add an onchange event on a drop down list build by widget Forms,
the xsd seems to propose action and event attribute on field tag but we can't seem to get this to work.
does someone know how to do this ?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Tibor

Re: Users - javascript event and action in field (widget forms)

Daniel Goodwin
Hi Tibor
Dont know if this is of any use but action is raw
javascript so I have
coded following which works on a text field
Not sure of drop down events though on a combo. enter
function is a
piece of javascript to change focus - thats all.

<field name="productLocation"  title="Location"
event="onkeypress"
action="return
enter(event,document.forms[0].productQty)"><text
size="10"/></field>

Daniel

tibor katelbach wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> We are trying to add an onchange event on a drop
down list build by
> widget Forms,
> the xsd seems to propose action and event attribute
on field tag but
> we can't seem to get this to work.
> does someone know how to do this ?
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts
> Tibor

Re: Users - javascript event and action in field (widget forms)

oceatoon
Thanks Daniel
but it seems the drop down tag isn't implemented with the event action
we have added it to the FormModel Rendering
Thanks for your help
Tibor

tibor katelbach wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> We are trying to add an onchange event on a drop
down list build by
> widget Forms,
> the xsd seems to propose action and event attribute
on field tag but
> we can't seem to get this to work.
> does someone know how to do this ?
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts
> Tibor

Re: Users - javascript event and action in field (widget forms)

If you have very custom form needs you should consider one of 2 things:

1. start working on proposed form widget extensions (keep in mind the platform generic intent for form and other widgets)

2. just use an FTL template instead of the form widget and you can do all the funky stuff you want

-David

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> We are trying to add an onchange event on a drop down list build by
> widget Forms,
> the xsd seems to propose action and event attribute on field tag but we
> can't seem to get this to work.
> does someone know how to do this ?
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts
> Tibor

Re: Users - javascript event and action in field (widget forms)

oceatoon
Hi David

If you have very custom form needs you should consider one of 2 things:

1. start working on proposed form widget extensions (keep in mind the platform generic intent for form and other widgets)

These are the extensions I have modified, and things work well, am I on the right track ?

org.ofbiz.widget.html. HtmlFormRenderer

org.ofbiz.widget.form.ModelFormField

2. just use an FTL template instead of the form widget and you can do all the funky stuff you want

Yes offcourse, but why not extend form widgets to be just as funky ;-)

Thanks for your help
Tibor
PS : Nice work on the documentation