Users - location parameter on the request-map in the controller.xml file

Users - location parameter on the request-map in the controller.xml file

cjhowe
Andrew,

What Hans proposed was this...
<request-map uri="*"
location="component://party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/controller.xml"/>

So now you're in your web based application and you
click on a link that has a href of
http://localhost/myapp/control/myrequest

Which controller.xml file is the myrequest request
going to be?

If I follow the way it is now it will be in the in
component://someunknowncomponent/webapp/myapp/WEB-INF/controller.xml
file.

If I follow Hans's suggestion, I get to the same file
but then have to scour through every external
controller.xml file included, in the order declared,
until I find a "myrequest" request.

I wasn't referring to a build step, I guess runtime
has a more specific meaning than I intended.  I meant
that there would be essentially a virtual
controller.xml file that the server would be utilizing
as opposed to a complete editable document.

Re: Users - location parameter on the request-map in the controller.xml file

Andrew Sykes
Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this.

I can't visualise how I'd go about tracking down a problem using your
suggestion, perhaps you could explain that. I'm not sure how I'd find a
reference in a "virtual" controller.xml. Perhaps I'm not understanding
your suggestion fully...

On the subject of Han's suggestion...

> If I follow Hans's suggestion, I get to the same file
> but then have to scour through every external
> controller.xml file included, in the order declared,
> until I find a "myrequest" request.

Surely not "every" controller.xml, just the one referenced.

I look forward to your reply..
--
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd