Users - one product in multiple shops

Anna  Schietz
hi,

the following szenario: I want so sell something, e.g. laptops. I want to
have separate shops for each manufacturer (my-dell-shop.com,
my-toshiba-shop.com,....) were I offer only laptops from one manufacturer
AND I want to have one shop were I offer laptops from all manufacturers
(my-laptop-shop.com).
Each of the shops would have similar products and the same product
categories, so at least this would be easy to merge.

How would you approach this problem?

In general I'm thinking about storing all laptops in one single database and
when I go to my-laptop-shop.com I can see all products. When I go to
my-dell-shop.com I can only see products from a certain manufacturer.

Would creating a catalog "all_products" which contains all products and
catalogs like "dell_products", "toshiba_products" which contain only
products of certain manufacturers be a good idea?
How could I make sure that at domain X.com the catalog X is shown and at
domain Y.com the catalog Y?

Or would it be better to have only one catalog. At domain X I could then
only view products with manufacturer id="X" and so on. (don't know how to do
this..)

kind regards,
Anna

--
"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!
Monat für Monat 10 FreeSMS inklusive! http://www.gmx.net

Re: Users - one product in multiple shops

Anna  Schietz
ok,... sorry for changing my mind so quickly :)
I *think* that it would be best to solve this through multiple stores where
each store can have it's own logo, it's own catalog, it's own stylesheet,
etc.

I could then have one single OFBiz instance at my-laptop-shops.com.  At
dell.my-laptop-shops.com I could set the storeId to "DellStore" (in a
web.xml via <param-name>webSiteId</param-name>??), at my-laptop-shop.com I
would set it to "GeneralStore" and everything would be fine.

Would this be possible? And am I right - is this the best way to do it?