Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Fred Forester-2

Hi all,

I noticed the company logo appears on the order pdf but not on the
packslip pdf. I also noticed the company logo comes from the partygroup
and not the store. what's the reasoning behind using the partygroup
logo? and why no logo on the actual packslip?

Thanx
Fred

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Si Chen-2
The partygroup logo is so you can configure the logos of the different
organizations in ofbiz.

There's no logo on packslip because it seems to have been designed for
internal use primarily at this point.  Of course, like many things, it
could be improved.  Are you planning on using it as something to send to
customers?

Si

Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed the company logo appears on the order pdf but not on the
> packslip pdf. I also noticed the company logo comes from the partygroup
> and not the store. what's the reasoning behind using the partygroup
> logo? and why no logo on the actual packslip?
>
> Thanx
> Fred

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

davidnwelton
On 6/8/06, Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I noticed the company logo appears on the order pdf but not on the
> > packslip pdf. I also noticed the company logo comes from the partygroup
> > and not the store. what's the reasoning behind using the partygroup
> > logo? and why no logo on the actual packslip?

> The partygroup logo is so you can configure the logos of the different
> organizations in ofbiz.

How would that work out with different stores belonging to the same
partygroup?  Where I work for instance, we have a few different
stores, and we actually print different logos for them.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Fred Forester-2

Si,

yes, one of them would go the customer. Not sure yet which one but it
seems easy enough to add the logo the packslip. when I do it I will do
the same then as the order pdf and use the partygroup image.

another question related to this is optionally using <@ofbizUrl> if the
image doesnt specify a full url. is there something comperable to
<@ofbizUrl> that can be used in bsh?

Thanx
Fred

Si Chen wrote:

> The partygroup logo is so you can configure the logos of the different
> organizations in ofbiz.
>
> There's no logo on packslip because it seems to have been designed for
> internal use primarily at this point.  Of course, like many things, it
> could be improved.  Are you planning on using it as something to send to
> customers?
>

> Si
>
> Fred Forester wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I noticed the company logo appears on the order pdf but not on the
>>packslip pdf. I also noticed the company logo comes from the partygroup
>>and not the store. what's the reasoning behind using the partygroup
>>logo? and why no logo on the actual packslip?
>>
>>Thanx
>>Fred

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Si Chen-2
OFBizUrl is a class in framework/webapp/src/org/ofbiz/webapp/ftl, but
I think there's got to be an easier way to do it than that.  You can
probably do something in FTL for this.

On Jun 8, 2006, at 8:59 AM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Si,
>
> yes, one of them would go the customer. Not sure yet which one but it
> seems easy enough to add the logo the packslip. when I do it I will do
> the same then as the order pdf and use the partygroup image.
>
> another question related to this is optionally using <@ofbizUrl> if
> the
> image doesnt specify a full url. is there something comperable to
> <@ofbizUrl> that can be used in bsh?
>
> Thanx
> Fred
>

> Si Chen wrote:
>> The partygroup logo is so you can configure the logos of the
>> different
>> organizations in ofbiz.
>>
>> There's no logo on packslip because it seems to have been designed
>> for
>> internal use primarily at this point.  Of course, like many
>> things, it
>> could be improved.  Are you planning on using it as something to
>> send to
>> customers?
>>

>> Si
>>
>> Fred Forester wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I noticed the company logo appears on the order pdf but not on the
>>> packslip pdf. I also noticed the company logo comes from the
>>> partygroup
>>> and not the store. what's the reasoning behind using the partygroup
>>> logo? and why no logo on the actual packslip?
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>> Fred

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

> On 6/8/06, Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > I noticed the company logo appears on the order pdf but not on the
> > > packslip pdf. I also noticed the company logo comes from the partygroup
> > > and not the store. what's the reasoning behind using the partygroup
> > > logo? and why no logo on the actual packslip?
>
> > The partygroup logo is so you can configure the logos of the different
> > organizations in ofbiz.
>
> How would that work out with different stores belonging to the same
> partygroup?  Where I work for instance, we have a few different
> stores, and we actually print different logos for them.

I agree, it seems that it would be better to link logos to stores (using "Header
Logo" field of store)

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

davidnwelton
> > > The partygroup logo is so you can configure the logos of the different
> > > organizations in ofbiz.

> > How would that work out with different stores belonging to the same
> > partygroup?  Where I work for instance, we have a few different
> > stores, and we actually print different logos for them.

> I agree, it seems that it would be better to link logos to stores (using "Header
> Logo" field of store)

I don't know about better or worse, just that that's what we'd likely
want to do.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Fred Forester-2

Can a productstore have more than 1 paytoparty?

David Welton wrote:

>>>How would that work out with different stores belonging to the same
>>>partygroup?  Where I work for instance, we have a few different
>>>stores, and we actually print different logos for them.
>

>>I agree, it seems that it would be better to link logos to stores (using "Header
>>Logo" field of store)
>

> I don't know about better or worse, just that that's what we'd likely
> want to do.

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Si Chen-2
That could get very confusing.

But I'd support using the productstore's logo on order PDFS.  I think
one problem you'd have with some of the others is that there's not a
1-1 relationship between, say, an invoice, packing slip, or return to
a store.

Si

On Jun 9, 2006, at 6:29 AM, Fred Forester wrote:

> Can a productstore have more than 1 paytoparty?

>>> I agree, it seems that it would be better to link logos to stores
>>> (using "Header
>>> Logo" field of store)
>>

>> I don't know about better or worse, just that that's what we'd likely
>> want to do.

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Fred Forester-2

If only one paytoparty is possible then having that one party in its own
partygroup and the partygroup logo has the url of the same image as the
relative path image for the storelogo, you get the desired results.

I tried using the store image yesterday and ran into some issues.
1) fo doesn't like relative paths for images
2) <@ofbizUrl> is probably not the best way to create an img url
3) <@ofbizContentUrl> doesnt return anything unless you override the
urls for the store.
add assuming you did 3
4) fo didnt like the secure url.

Si, I think you posted something about fo and ofbizContentUrl to jira a
while ago.

Si Chen wrote:

> That could get very confusing.
>
> But I'd support using the productstore's logo on order PDFS.  I think
> one problem you'd have with some of the others is that there's not a
> 1-1 relationship between, say, an invoice, packing slip, or return to
> a store.
>
> Si
>

> On Jun 9, 2006, at 6:29 AM, Fred Forester wrote:
>

>>Can a productstore have more than 1 paytoparty?

>>>I don't know about better or worse, just that that's what we'd likely
>>>want to do.

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

> Can a productstore have more than 1 paytoparty?

I don't think so. But a party may have more than one store and this stores may
have differents logo as David W. showed.

Jacques

> >>I agree, it seems that it would be better to link logos to stores (using
"Header

> >>Logo" field of store)
> >

> > I don't know about better or worse, just that that's what we'd likely
> > want to do.

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Yes, about the fact that it didn't work for me...  The best example
of doing logos right now is what Hans did for the companyLogo.fo.ftl

Si

On Jun 9, 2006, at 9:14 AM, Fred Forester wrote:

> If only one paytoparty is possible then having that one party in
> its own
> partygroup and the partygroup logo has the url of the same image as
> the
> relative path image for the storelogo, you get the desired results.
>
> I tried using the store image yesterday and ran into some issues.
> 1) fo doesn't like relative paths for images
> 2) <@ofbizUrl> is probably not the best way to create an img url
> 3) <@ofbizContentUrl> doesnt return anything unless you override the
> urls for the store.
> add assuming you did 3
> 4) fo didnt like the secure url.
>
> Si, I think you posted something about fo and ofbizContentUrl to
> jira a
> while ago.
>

> Si Chen wrote:
>> That could get very confusing.
>>
>> But I'd support using the productstore's logo on order PDFS.  I think
>> one problem you'd have with some of the others is that there's not a
>> 1-1 relationship between, say, an invoice, packing slip, or return to
>> a store.
>>
>> Si
>>

>> On Jun 9, 2006, at 6:29 AM, Fred Forester wrote:
>>

>>> Can a productstore have more than 1 paytoparty?

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

davidnwelton
> > Can a productstore have more than 1 paytoparty?

I mentioned the idea of selling used stuff ala Ebay (leaving be the
auction bit) the other week - in that case, the person who ends up
with the money is different in each case, although the store of course
acts as an intermediary.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Could this be added to the PartyAcctgPreference entity, atleast for the
invoices.
Possibly have a preference entity or put in the Content module.

Si Chen sent the following on 6/9/06 9:00 AM:

> That could get very confusing.
>
> But I'd support using the productstore's logo on order PDFS.  I think
> one problem you'd have with some of the others is that there's not a
> 1-1 relationship between, say, an invoice, packing slip, or return to
> a store.
>
> Si
>

> On Jun 9, 2006, at 6:29 AM, Fred Forester wrote:
>

>>Can a productstore have more than 1 paytoparty?

>>>I don't know about better or worse, just that that's what we'd likely
>>>want to do.

Re: Users - order pdf and packslip pdf

Fred Forester-2

Thanx guys.  I added the logo to packingslip.pdf.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-21

Fred