Users - presentation and slides about ofbiz adoption

Users - presentation and slides about ofbiz adoption

Si Chen-2
Hi everybody.

I was in New York on Tuesday and gave a presentation at the
Enterprise Open Source conference about the adoption of open source
applications.  While this could not be specifically about a project
or product, I was able to draw upon three fairly large users who have
adopted OFBiz to discuss the general trends, which I think are very
exciting.  I wrote a "transcript" of my talk here:

http://opensourcestrategies.blogspot.com/2006/06/why-enterprises-are-
adopting-open.html

and there's a link to the slides as well.

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Si

Re: Users - presentation and slides about ofbiz adoption

Si Chen-2
Ugh, where are my manners???

Special thanks to David and Jacopo and the people at the companies
mentioned for their help, as well as the others whom I spoke with but
could not include for fear of it becoming a three-hour seminar.  I'll
have more time to do more case studies about everybody who's using
OFBiz--I think we have a great story waiting to be told!

On Jun 9, 2006, at 4:46 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I was in New York on Tuesday and gave a presentation at the
> Enterprise Open Source conference about the adoption of open source
> applications.  While this could not be specifically about a project
> or product, I was able to draw upon three fairly large users who have
> adopted OFBiz to discuss the general trends, which I think are very
> exciting.  I wrote a "transcript" of my talk here:
>
> http://opensourcestrategies.blogspot.com/2006/06/why-enterprises-are-
> adopting-open.html
>
> and there's a link to the slides as well.
>
> Enjoy and have a great weekend!
>
> Si

Re: Users - presentation and slides about ofbiz adoption

David E. Jones

Looks good Si! Thanks for all of your help actively promoting OFBiz.

-David

Si Chen wrote:

> Ugh, where are my manners???
>
> Special thanks to David and Jacopo and the people at the companies
> mentioned for their help, as well as the others whom I spoke with but
> could not include for fear of it becoming a three-hour seminar.  I'll
> have more time to do more case studies about everybody who's using
> OFBiz--I think we have a great story waiting to be told!
>

> On Jun 9, 2006, at 4:46 PM, Si Chen wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody.
>>
>> I was in New York on Tuesday and gave a presentation at the
>> Enterprise Open Source conference about the adoption of open source
>> applications.  While this could not be specifically about a project
>> or product, I was able to draw upon three fairly large users who have
>> adopted OFBiz to discuss the general trends, which I think are very
>> exciting.  I wrote a "transcript" of my talk here:
>>
>> http://opensourcestrategies.blogspot.com/2006/06/why-enterprises-are-
>> adopting-open.html
>>
>> and there's a link to the slides as well.
>>
>> Enjoy and have a great weekend!
>>
>> Si

Re: Users - presentation and slides about ofbiz adoption

Impressive !

Jacques

> Looks good Si! Thanks for all of your help actively promoting OFBiz.
>
> -David
>

> Si Chen wrote:
> > Ugh, where are my manners???
> >
> > Special thanks to David and Jacopo and the people at the companies
> > mentioned for their help, as well as the others whom I spoke with but
> > could not include for fear of it becoming a three-hour seminar.  I'll
> > have more time to do more case studies about everybody who's using
> > OFBiz--I think we have a great story waiting to be told!
> >

> > On Jun 9, 2006, at 4:46 PM, Si Chen wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everybody.
> >>
> >> I was in New York on Tuesday and gave a presentation at the
> >> Enterprise Open Source conference about the adoption of open source
> >> applications.  While this could not be specifically about a project
> >> or product, I was able to draw upon three fairly large users who have
> >> adopted OFBiz to discuss the general trends, which I think are very
> >> exciting.  I wrote a "transcript" of my talk here:
> >>
> >> http://opensourcestrategies.blogspot.com/2006/06/why-enterprises-are-
> >> adopting-open.html
> >>
> >> and there's a link to the slides as well.
> >>
> >> Enjoy and have a great weekend!
> >>
> >> Si

Re: Users - presentation and slides about ofbiz adoption

davidnwelton
> http://opensourcestrategies.blogspot.com/2006/06/why-enterprises-are-
> adopting-open.html

Very nice write-up, including the case studies!  I also appreciated
your insight into where open source is looking best in terms of
different business aspects (accounting vs warehouse vs ecommerce).

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - presentation and slides about ofbiz adoption

That's a great presentation!

Jacopo

Si Chen wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I was in New York on Tuesday and gave a presentation at the
> Enterprise Open Source conference about the adoption of open source
> applications.  While this could not be specifically about a project
> or product, I was able to draw upon three fairly large users who have
> adopted OFBiz to discuss the general trends, which I think are very
> exciting.  I wrote a "transcript" of my talk here:
>
> http://opensourcestrategies.blogspot.com/2006/06/why-enterprises-are-
> adopting-open.html
>
> and there's a link to the slides as well.
>
> Enjoy and have a great weekend!
>
> Si

Re: Users - presentation and slides about ofbiz adoption

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Great si.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya