Users - product data translation with i18n

Users - product data translation with i18n

oceatoon
Hi
I'm a fresh newbie on ofbiz , and would like someone experienced advice on setting up internationalisation on product declaratiowhat I mean is when a description for a product is filled in english can I a propose french, german...etc version of the description ?
I've googled for this but haven't found much appart for interface internationalistion in the property files.

Thanks for the help

Tibor

Re: Users - product data translation with i18n

Re: Users - product data translation with i18n

oceatoon
Thanks Jacques

my question to this document and please correct me where I'm wrong ,
I don't see how nore where fields of  my product declaration form
can be filled in different languages unless I add elements to the form?
for example how would a description be completed in more than one language, would this be connected to the locale during the form fill up or do I have to create fields for each language?
is this process based on property files meaning that fields only have one language in database and translations are made in the property files in this case Would this mean I have to settup the whole process of filling this properties file, will there be a file per product ??
There's something I don't quite understand ?
i18n can obviously be used in ofbiz but is it in some way directly integrated in the back office  of the demo ?

great thanks for your help
Tibor

On 2/1/06, Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Welcome, see here at least : <a href="http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToLocalizeAnOFBizAppl

Jacques

Re: Users - product data translation with i18n

Manuel Meyer
Hi,

To display product description and/or name according to the user locale, I
think the best way is to take a look (and use) the get method of the
org.ofbiz.product.product.ProductContentWrapper class.
Check productsummary.bsh and productsummary.ftl -
${productContentWrapper.get("PRODUCT_NAME")}.
You’ll see what needs to be added in the DB.
If I’ve well understood your need, you’ll probably have to add content,
content association and product content/category content for the get method
to automatically display content according to the user locale.
The wiki might not be crystal clear at first glance, but
http://ofbizwiki1.go-integral.com/Wiki.jsp?page=LocalizedProductDescriptions
contains every thing you need.

Manuel