Users - question: security groups vs. role types

Users - question: security groups vs. role types

Jennifer Zhang-2
Hi Everyone,

I am a new user in this community and I am trying to figure out the security
groups and their relationship with roles.  Are there documents on how roles
should be used such as “packer”, “buyer”, etc.? For example, a party has to
be assigned to certain roles in addition to ORDERENTRY security group before
the party can create sales orders. I am wondering what roles are tied to
what security groups. Or rather, they are independent?

Your help is much appreciated!

Jennifer

Re: Users - question: security groups vs. role types

BJ Freeman
Hi, and welcome:
there was a discussion about a year ago on the mailing list, if you do a
search on security and roles. I am sure the emails will come up.

Jennifer Zhang sent the following on 3/9/06 9:24 PM: