Users - reserve inventory

Fred Forester-2

Hi All,

turning off all inventory options except reserve inventory seems to also
require inventory. which sorta makes sense, However, I understand that
if NOT reserving inventory then accepting inventory easily for a
facility via purchase orders is not possible. is that correct?

Thanx
Fred

Re: Users - reserve inventory

Si Chen-2
why do you think that?

Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> turning off all inventory options except reserve inventory seems to also
> require inventory. which sorta makes sense, However, I understand that
> if NOT reserving inventory then accepting inventory easily for a
> facility via purchase orders is not possible. is that correct?
>
> Thanx
> Fred

Re: Users - reserve inventory

Fred Forester-2

I seem to remember trying it a while ago (older ofbiz) and ran into that. and maybe not so much that you could not do it as it "was easier" somehow
if reserve was on.  the other part also is Quickship is not available either.

but with all that said, I think the better scenario for us is to have reserve without the in stock requirement. I think the product allows a discontinue when out of stock option which we can use

Si Chen wrote:
why do you think that?

Fred Forester wrote:

Hi All,

turning off all inventory options except reserve inventory seems to also
require inventory. which sorta makes sense, However, I understand that
if NOT reserving inventory then accepting inventory easily for a
facility via purchase orders is not possible. is that correct?

Thanx
Fred

Re: Users - reserve inventory

Si Chen-2
There's a quick receive for purchase orders now.  Receiving inventory should not require reserving it first.

Fred Forester wrote:

I seem to remember trying it a while ago (older ofbiz) and ran into that. and maybe not so much that you could not do it as it "was easier" somehow
if reserve was on.  the other part also is Quickship is not available either.

but with all that said, I think the better scenario for us is to have reserve without the in stock requirement. I think the product allows a discontinue when out of stock option which we can use

Si Chen wrote:
why do you think that?

Fred Forester wrote:

Hi All,

turning off all inventory options except reserve inventory seems to also
require inventory. which sorta makes sense, However, I understand that
if NOT reserving inventory then accepting inventory easily for a
facility via purchase orders is not possible. is that correct?

Thanx
Fred

Re: Users - reserve inventory

Fred Forester-2

ok. thanx.

Fred Forester wrote:

I seem to remember trying it a while ago (older ofbiz) and ran into that. and maybe not so much that you could not do it as it "was easier" somehow
if reserve was on.  the other part also is Quickship is not available either.

but with all that said, I think the better scenario for us is to have reserve without the in stock requirement. I think the product allows a discontinue when out of stock option which we can use

Si Chen wrote:
why do you think that?