Users - which is the screen referred to

puranisank

Hi,
can anyone say which screen is this line referring to and where is it available.
This is the line inside "categorydetail.ftl".
"${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}"

Purani

Re: Users - which is the screen referred to

Willem Janssen

Hi,

If you look in the xml file where the screens are defined you will see that
"${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}" refers to a screen named
'productsummary'. In that part you will see a reference to
'productsummary.bsh'.
That file handles the variables defined in 'categorydetail.ftl' (just aboce
the line ${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}") and will pass them to
'productsummary.ftl' which will output the result.

 Willem

--
www.willemjanssen.com

Re: Users - which is the screen referred to

puranisank

Thanks Willem.
But I could not understand this error.
"Method public java.lang.String org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer.render(java.lang.String) throws org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException,java.io.IOException,org.xml.sax.SAXException,javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException threw an exception when invoked on org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer@142e23f The problematic instruction: ---------- ==> ${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)} [on line 58, column 13 in categorydetail.ftl] ---------- Java backtrace for programmers: ---------- freemarker.template.TemplateModelException: Method public java.lang.String org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer.render(java.lang.String) throws org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException,java.io.IOException,org.xml.sax.SAXException,javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException threw an exception when invoked on org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer@142e23f at freemarker.ext.beans.OverloadedMethodModel.exec(OverloadedMethodModel.java:133) at freemarker.core.MethodCall._getAsTemplateModel(MethodCall.java:93) at freemarker.core.Expression.getAsTemplateModel(Expression.java:89) at freemarker.core.Expression.getStringValue(Expression.java:93) at freemarker.core.DollarVariable.accept(DollarVariable.java:76) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at
"

PuraniĀ

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 Willem Janssen wrote :

>Hi,
>
>If you look in the xml file where the screens are defined you will see that
>"${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}" refers to a screen named
>'productsummary'. In that part you will see a reference to
>'productsummary.bsh'.
>That file handles the variables defined in 'categorydetail.ftl' (just aboce
>the line ${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}") and will pass them to
>'productsummary.ftl' which will output the result.
>
>  Willem
>

>On Wednesday 22 March 2006 12:18, Purani S wrote:
> > Hi,
> > can anyone say which screen is this line referring to and where is it
> > available. This is the line inside "categorydetail.ftl".
> > "${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}"
> >
> > Purani
>
>--
>www.willemjanssen.com

Re: Users - which is the screen referred to

Willem Janssen
If the line numbers are correct (e.g. the same info in your ftl as in mine)
then it means that you have no information in you productCategoryMember
entity.

my line 58 states this:

<#if productCategoryMembers?has_content>

If this is not the problem, what information in which variable out of which
entity do you want to display?

Regards,
Willem

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 14:06, Purani S wrote:

--
www.willemjanssen.com

Re: Users - which is the screen referred to

puranisank

Thanks willem.But I dont know what is the following error says.
"
Method public java.lang.String org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer.render(java.lang.String) throws org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException,java.io.IOException,org.xml.sax.SAXException,javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException threw an exception when invoked on org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer@142e23f The problematic instruction: ---------- ==> ${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)} [on line 58, column 13 in categorydetail.ftl] ---------- Java backtrace for programmers: ---------- freemarker.template.TemplateModelException: Method public java.lang.String org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer.render(java.lang.String) throws org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException,java.io.IOException,org.xml.sax.SAXException,javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException threw an exception when invoked on org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer@142e23f at freemarker.ext.beans.OverloadedMethodModel.exec(OverloadedMethodModel.java:133) at freemarker.core.MethodCall._getAsTemplateModel(MethodCall.java:93) at freemarker.core.Expression.getAsTemplateModel(Expression.java:89) at freemarker.core.Expression.getStringValue(Expression.java:93) at freemarker.core.DollarVariable.accept(DollarVariable.java:76) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at "

Purani

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 Willem Janssen wrote :

>Hi,
>
>If you look in the xml file where the screens are defined you will see that
>"${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}" refers to a screen named
>'productsummary'. In that part you will see a reference to
>'productsummary.bsh'.
>That file handles the variables defined in 'categorydetail.ftl' (just aboce
>the line ${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}") and will pass them to
>'productsummary.ftl' which will output the result.
>
>  Willem
>

>On Wednesday 22 March 2006 12:18, Purani S wrote:
> > Hi,
> > can anyone say which screen is this line referring to and where is it
> > available. This is the line inside "categorydetail.ftl".
> > "${screens.render(productsummaryScreen)}"
> >
> > Purani
>
>--
>www.willemjanssen.com

Re: Users - which is the screen referred to

Andrew Sykes
Purani,

It looks like one of the file paths referenced in your screen definition
is incorrect.

Also check you screen xml is well-formed
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>