Views in ofbiz

Eric Schwartz-6
When scrolling through the entity data maintenance screens in ofbiz you
notice a bunch of view entitys. I am curious about how ofbiz creates the
views. I noticed that they are not views stored in the database. Is this to
keep ofbiz database agnostic and supply view functionality to databases that
don't support them?

--
Eric Schwartz
Web Developer/IT Department

Re: Views in ofbiz

David E Jones

A view-entity is fairly different from a "view" in a database,
thought the abstract concept is about the same.

In the database a view-entity is implemented using JOINs for multiple
member-entities, and grouping and functions for the summary data side
of things.

Conceptually a view-entity is just a virtual view on top of one or
more entities.

-David

On Mar 29, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Eric Schwartz wrote:

> When scrolling through the entity data maintenance screens in ofbiz
> you
> notice a bunch of view entitys. I am curious about how ofbiz
> creates the
> views. I noticed that they are not views stored in the database. Is
> this to
> keep ofbiz database agnostic and supply view functionality to
> databases that
> don't support them?
>

> --
> Eric Schwartz