What is FrenchCustomer

Emad Radwan
Hi Community,

I noticed that when I created a new Customer that a new record is created in table Communication_Event
which is ok, however, I found that the mentioned record contains 'FrenchCustomer' value in the Party_id_from field and I understand thqt this is from demo data, so what's the point here?

Regards,

Emad.

Re: What is FrenchCustomer

Hi Emad,

Here is the FrenchCustomer record in trunk demo: https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/Party/FrenchCustomer

Here is the CommunicationEvent table in trunk demo: https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/CommunicationEvent

Here are the related demo data (look for "FrenchCustomer"):
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/applications/datamodel/data/demo/OrderDemoData.xml

I can't see how a new CommunicationEvent could be related to any of your created parties, maybe custom changes?

You may try to delete the FrenchCustomer data to find from where the connection was made

BTW I guess it's only in a trying OFBiz instance you use. You should not have any demo data in a production instance

HTH

Jacques

Le 14/01/2021 à 14:41, Emad Radwan a écrit :
> Hi Community,
>
> I noticed that when I created a new Customer that a new record is created in table Communication_Event
> which is ok, however, I found that the mentioned record contains 'FrenchCustomer' value in the Party_id_from field and I understand thqt this is from demo data, so what's the point here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Emad.

Re: What is FrenchCustomer

Emad Radwan
Hi Jacues,

Yes, This is the trying instance but no custom changes! I'm trying to drop
demo data which is not easy BTW. Anyway, forgetting this 'FrenchCustomer',
does Ofbiz creates a record in Communication_Event' while creating a
customer?

Regards,

Emad

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 8:09 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Emad,
>
> Here is the FrenchCustomer record in trunk demo:
> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/Party/FrenchCustomer
>
> Here is the CommunicationEvent table in trunk demo:
> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/CommunicationEvent
>
> Here are the related demo data (look for "FrenchCustomer"):
>
> https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/applications/datamodel/data/demo/OrderDemoData.xml
>
> I can't see how a new CommunicationEvent could be related to any of your
> created parties, maybe custom changes?
>
> You may try to delete the FrenchCustomer data to find from where the
> connection was made
>
> BTW I guess it's only in a trying OFBiz instance you use. You should not
> have any demo data in a production instance
>
> HTH
>
> Jacques
>

> Le 14/01/2021 à 14:41, Emad Radwan a écrit :
> > Hi Community,
> >
> > I noticed that when I created a new Customer that a new record is
> created in table Communication_Event
> > which is ok, however, I found that the mentioned record contains
> 'FrenchCustomer' value in the Party_id_from field and I understand thqt
> this is from demo data, so what's the point here?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Emad.

Re: What is FrenchCustomer

Hi Emad,

Please help yourself, it's easy to reproduce on stable or trunk demo

Jacques

Le 16/01/2021 à 13:40, Emad Radwan a écrit :

> Hi Jacues,
>
> Yes, This is the trying instance but no custom changes! I'm trying to drop
> demo data which is not easy BTW. Anyway, forgetting this 'FrenchCustomer',
> does Ofbiz creates a record in Communication_Event' while creating a
> customer?
>
> Regards,
>
> Emad
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 8:09 PM Jacques Le Roux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Emad,
>>
>> Here is the FrenchCustomer record in trunk demo:
>> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/Party/FrenchCustomer
>>
>> Here is the CommunicationEvent table in trunk demo:
>> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/CommunicationEvent
>>
>> Here are the related demo data (look for "FrenchCustomer"):
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/applications/datamodel/data/demo/OrderDemoData.xml
>>
>> I can't see how a new CommunicationEvent could be related to any of your
>> created parties, maybe custom changes?
>>
>> You may try to delete the FrenchCustomer data to find from where the
>> connection was made
>>
>> BTW I guess it's only in a trying OFBiz instance you use. You should not
>> have any demo data in a production instance
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 14/01/2021 à 14:41, Emad Radwan a écrit :
>>> Hi Community,
>>>
>>> I noticed that when I created a new Customer that a new record is
>> created in table Communication_Event
>>> which is ok, however, I found that the mentioned record contains
>> 'FrenchCustomer' value in the Party_id_from field and I understand thqt
>> this is from demo data, so what's the point here?
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Emad.

Re: What is FrenchCustomer

deepak nigam-2
Hi Emad,

I am able to reproduce the issue you mentioned here, on the demo trunk. On
creating a new customer, a communication event record of type
'EMAIL_COMMUNICATION' is getting created where the PartyIdFrom is
'FrenchCustomer'.

I will dig more into this and will share the findings here.

--
Deepak Nigam

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 6:19 PM Jacques Le Roux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Emad,
>
> Please help yourself, it's easy to reproduce on stable or trunk demo
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 16/01/2021 à 13:40, Emad Radwan a écrit :
> > Hi Jacues,
> >
> > Yes, This is the trying instance but no custom changes! I'm trying to
> drop
> > demo data which is not easy BTW. Anyway, forgetting this
> 'FrenchCustomer',
> > does Ofbiz creates a record in Communication_Event' while creating a
> > customer?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Emad
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 8:09 PM Jacques Le Roux <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Emad,
> >>
> >> Here is the FrenchCustomer record in trunk demo:
> >>
> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/Party/FrenchCustomer
> >>
> >> Here is the CommunicationEvent table in trunk demo:
> >>
> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/entity/find/CommunicationEvent
> >>
> >> Here are the related demo data (look for "FrenchCustomer"):
> >>

> https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/blob/trunk/applications/datamodel/data/demo/OrderDemoData.xml
> >>
> >> I can't see how a new CommunicationEvent could be related to any of your
> >> created parties, maybe custom changes?
> >>
> >> You may try to delete the FrenchCustomer data to find from where the
> >> connection was made
> >>
> >> BTW I guess it's only in a trying OFBiz instance you use. You should not
> >> have any demo data in a production instance
> >>
> >> HTH
> >>
> >> Jacques

> >> created in table Communication_Event
> >> 'FrenchCustomer' value in the Party_id_from field and I understand thqt
> >> this is from demo data, so what's the point here?

Re: What is FrenchCustomer

Hi Deepak,

I thought it was fixed with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-12142

Maybe I missed other points...