What is the state of Human Resource component?

What is the state of Human Resource component?

wt@teksavvy.com
Hello All,

I would like to know what is the state of the Human Resource component.  I have checked JIRA and found that there is not much bug activity related to this component.  Does that mean that it component is working perfectly and meets everyone's needs/expectations or not too many people are using it at all?  Seems that there is no request for enhancements either.

I would like to know if anyone is using this component in any capacity and whether it's currently usable in production.

Re: What is the state of Human Resource component?

BJ Freeman
this is a partial reply, hopefully others will jump in.
HR component, has all the needed data structure per the Data model book.
there has been some recent work done around may.
Feed back was requested but none received at this point.
The UI is very basis and could use more help.
I you have some enhancement you wish to contribute put them in the Jira.
if you have some enhancements you would like  to see create a page on
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBIZ

you can see the work done and by whom by downloading from the SVN and
looking at the history.

Yin T sent the following on 12/31/2007 12:39 PM:

> Hello All,
>
> I would like to know what is the state of the Human Resource component.  I
> have checked JIRA and found that there is not much bug activity related to
> this component.  Does that mean that it component is working perfectly and
> meets everyone's needs/expectations or not too many people are using it at
> all?  Seems that there is no request for enhancements either.
>
> I would like to know if anyone is using this component in any capacity and
> whether it's currently usable in production.

Re: What is the state of Human Resource component?

wt@teksavvy.com
Thanks for the info BJ.

The features that I have in mind is the following:

Punchclock component(or time keeping system)
-This is for organizations that require people to clock-in and clock-out when they start and end their day as opposed to people filling out time sheets. It could be tied into the Human resource component to determine whether employees are present, on time, etc.  If applicable, it could even be tied into the Project Manager component as well.

Employee Scheduling component:
-this is a type of scheduling that restaurants or other industries use to specify people and their associated work days and hours etc.  These employee schedule could potentially change mu;tiple times during the year and would be helpful to managers to keep track.

I would be interested to know if some of these functionality is already present in one form or another in OfBiz (eg. Project Manager?).  I would also be interested if others has come across these ideas as well and whether it could potentially expand the usefulness of the Ofbiz project.

Re: What is the state of Human Resource component?

David E Jones

These are both actually part of the WorkEffort component, and the new
project management component.

That's good news really as they are both significantly more built out.

-David