What's up with the loginservices.* labels?

What's up with the loginservices.* labels?

David E Jones

What is the story with the loginservices.* labels?

It appears these have been moved to the CommonUiLabels.properties file from the SecurityextUiLabels.properties file, but only for English and the LoginServices.java file has not been updated.

Unless I hear a very reasonable objection to this I'll move these back to the SecurityextUiLabels.properties file.

Re: What's up with the loginservices.* labels?

David E Jones

Looking into this more it appears this was part of this commit:

r549443 | jacopoc | 2007-06-21 04:20:43 -0600 (Thu, 21 Jun 2007) | 3 lines

When a password is updated, added check to verify that the new password is different from the old one.
Also moved a a few of labels that were in the wrong component.

Do you any thoughts on this Jacopo? I'm guessing there must have been a reason for it...

-David

David E Jones wrote:

> What is the story with the loginservices.* labels?
>
> It appears these have been moved to the CommonUiLabels.properties file
> from the SecurityextUiLabels.properties file, but only for English and
> the LoginServices.java file has not been updated.
>
> Unless I hear a very reasonable objection to this I'll move these back
> to the SecurityextUiLabels.properties file.

Re: What's up with the loginservices.* labels?

Jacopo Cappellato
David,

you are right, that part of the commit was not one of my best
contributions to OFBiz...
I don't remember exactly what I had in mind, it was probably an attempt
to remove a dependency of a framework component ("common") on an
applications component ("securityext"), but it is definitely not
complete (and not working as is) and since I don't have time to complete
that task now I've reverted that part of the commit in rev. 565617