When XML Data Import Fails

MiltonClark
When an XML Data Import fails, the simple message produced isn't of much help in determining what failed.  Where might I look to get more detailed info on what happened?  What process can I use to "debug" such failures?

Re: [Norton AntiSpam] When XML Data Import Fails

BJ Freeman
is this through webtools?
what version of ofbiz are you using?

MiltonClark sent the following on 10/4/2007 1:01 PM:
> When an XML Data Import fails, the simple message produced isn't of much help
> in determining what failed.  Where might I look to get more detailed info on
> what happened?  What process can I use to "debug" such failures?

Re: [Norton AntiSpam] When XML Data Import Fails

MiltonClark
Yes, .. sorry.. yes, this is thru Webtools.
I'm using SVN rev 581653.

BJ Freeman wrote
is this through webtools?
what version of ofbiz are you using?

MiltonClark sent the following on 10/4/2007 1:01 PM:
> When an XML Data Import fails, the simple message produced isn't of much help
> in determining what failed.  Where might I look to get more detailed info on
> what happened?  What process can I use to "debug" such failures?

Re: [Norton AntiSpam] When XML Data Import Fails

BJ Freeman
post the message and I will help
it is hard to read but it does tell you what is wrong

MiltonClark sent the following on 10/4/2007 1:30 PM:

> Yes, .. sorry.. yes, this is thru Webtools.
> I'm using SVN rev 581653.
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> is this through webtools?
>> what version of ofbiz are you using?
>>
>> MiltonClark sent the following on 10/4/2007 1:01 PM:
>>> When an XML Data Import fails, the simple message produced isn't of much
>>> help
>>> in determining what failed.  Where might I look to get more detailed info
>>> on
>>> what happened?  What process can I use to "debug" such failures?

Re: When XML Data Import Fails

hans_bakker
Please have a look earlier in the log file, there it will give a
detailed explanation about the problem of (mostly) missing foreign
keys...

--
http://Antwebsystems.com : OFBiz Quality support for competitive rates.