Wrongly implemented UserLogin entity(Data Model Book)

Wrongly implemented UserLogin entity(Data Model Book)

Adam Heath-2
In The Data Module Resource Book, volume 2, page 406, the USER LOGIN
entity is listed as having a USER LOGIN ID, CURRENT USER ID, and CURRENT
PASSWORD.  However, OfBiz has no CURRENT USER ID field on UserLogin.

Because of the way OfBiz has implemented UserLogin, it's not possible to
reuse login credentials; for example, when someone leaves a company, and
 a new hire comes on board a long time later, they have to have a unique
login, even if their preferred one is the same as one given out previously.

Additionally, it'd be nice if UserLogin entities were tied to WebSite,
so one could have the same CURRENT USER ID for multiple WebSite entities.

Re: Wrongly implemented UserLogin entity(Data Model Book)

jonwimp
Adam,

Actually, I was kinda wondering why OFBiz doesn't quite follow The Data Module Resource Book.

Chris Howe mentioned some problems (valid, IMHO) about using Product.productId in so many logics
in OFBiz. This problem could've easily been avoided if OFBiz followed the book.

Jonathon