Yahoo User Interface API

Brendan Vogt
Hi,

I am working through the YUI, is it possible to implement their layouts with
Ofbiz?

Brendan

Re: Yahoo User Interface API

BJ Freeman
if your speaking of the RTML, no
if your talking about the static html after compiling the RTML, probably
 since it is css driven.
The API is more for backend processing.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 11/11/2007 12:46 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I am working through the YUI, is it possible to implement their layouts with
> Ofbiz?
>
> Brendan

Re: Yahoo User Interface API

Brendan Vogt
Not sure what RTML is.  I was referringto there DIV designs and controls
that they have at http://developer.yahoo.net/yui/.  It's pretty good.

So I would be wastingmy time implementing a design from the YUI into ofbiz?

On 11/11/2007, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> if your speaking of the RTML, no
> if your talking about the static html after compiling the RTML, probably
> since it is css driven.
> The API is more for backend processing.
>
> Brendan Vogt sent the following on 11/11/2007 12:46 AM:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working through the YUI, is it possible to implement their layouts
> with
> > Ofbiz?
> >
> > Brendan

RE: Yahoo User Interface API

Brendan Vogt
I want to change the design of the front-end, that's what I mean, and use
the Yahoo layouts, and their menus, etc. etc. etc.  Is this possible?

No offence, the current layout is good, but I do not like it.

if your talking about the static html after compiling the RTML, probably
 since it is css driven.
The API is more for backend processing.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 11/11/2007 12:46 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I am working through the YUI, is it possible to implement their layouts
with
> Ofbiz?
>
> Brendan

Re: Yahoo User Interface API

Tim Ruppert
Customize it - there's no integration with Yahoo UI.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Nov 11, 2007, at 5:37 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

> I want to change the design of the front-end, that's what I mean,
> and use
> the Yahoo layouts, and their menus, etc. etc. etc.  Is this possible?
>
> No offence, the current layout is good, but I do not like it.

RE: Yahoo User Interface API

Brendan Vogt
That's what I meant.  Thanks.

Customize it - there's no integration with Yahoo UI.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Nov 11, 2007, at 5:37 AM, Brendan Vogt wrote:

> I want to change the design of the front-end, that's what I mean,
> and use
> the Yahoo layouts, and their menus, etc. etc. etc.  Is this possible?
>
> No offence, the current layout is good, but I do not like it.

Re: Yahoo User Interface API

Yes the layout is basic and meant to be a starting place.
if you look a other implementations of Ofbiz you will see what can be done.

Most of the ecommerce can be changes but editing the ecommerce.css file.

You will don't need the Yahoo UI api. You can add functionality using
the widgets and ftl files.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 11/11/2007 4:37 AM: