ant run-install-seed admin login

BJ Freeman
the build file has this description
        description="This loads ONLY the seed data (not seed-initial,
demo, ext* or anything else); meant for use after an update of the code
to reload the seed data as it is generally maintained along with the
code and needs to be in sync for operation">

I would think that seed-initial would be first under this
and example
if I do ant run-install-seed
after a ant clean-all
I can not log in as admin.
this is because the seed data is in SecurityExtData.xml
and has
   <UserLogin userLoginId="admin" partyId="admin"/>
while the seed-initial is in PasswordSecurityData.xml
    <UserLogin userLoginId="admin"
currentPassword="47ca69ebb4bdc9ae0adec130880165d2cc05db1a" passwordHint=""/>

I have then do ant run-install-extseed
        description="This loads seed, seed-initial and ext data; meant
for manual/generic testing, development, or going into production with a
derived system based on stock OFBiz where the ext data basically
replaces the demo data">

But if I don't want to load ext data, I am stuck
I think the admin login should be in the seed data if you want to reset
the password.

Re: ant run-install-seed admin login

Eric DE MAULDE
Hi,
I tried several times "ant run-install-seed" (with PostgreSql)
and I always conserve my new admin password
What case have I to load a clean option in ?

To upgrade the new changes into the database
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Upgrading+OFBiz+from+earlier+revisions

without reset the modified seed-initial (like "admin", "Company" parties
...)
the ant build option is

ant run-install-seed

is it right ?

Eric

>        description="This loads ONLY the seed data (not seed-initial,
> demo, ext* or anything else); meant for use after an update of the code
> to reload the seed data as it is generally maintained along with the
> code and needs to be in sync for operation">
>
> I would think that seed-initial would be first under this
> and example
> if I do ant run-install-seed
> after a ant clean-all
> I can not log in as admin.
> this is because the seed data is in SecurityExtData.xml
> and has
>   <UserLogin userLoginId="admin" partyId="admin"/>
> while the seed-initial is in PasswordSecurityData.xml
>    <UserLogin userLoginId="admin"
> currentPassword="47ca69ebb4bdc9ae0adec130880165d2cc05db1a"
> passwordHint=""/>
>

> I have then do ant run-install-extseed
>        description="This loads seed, seed-initial and ext data; meant
> for manual/generic testing, development, or going into production with a
> derived system based on stock OFBiz where the ext data basically
> replaces the demo data">
>
> But if I don't want to load ext data, I am stuck
> I think the admin login should be in the seed data if you want to reset
> the password.

Re: ant run-install-seed admin login

BJ Freeman

development and new deployment where all the data is imported through
excel imports.
and your starting with a minimum (seed) data.
So you can run the system to do the imports.

Eric DE MAULDE sent the following on 9/11/2008 9:46 AM: