associate contact list with product store and products?

associate contact list with product store and products?

Si Chen-2
Hi.

Should there be some kind of entity to associate ContactList with
ProductStore - so a user is signed up for a particular store's
"Announcements" email for example?

Also, should there be some kind of entity to associate ContactList
with Product - so a user can be associated with updates and
notifications about a particular Product at a particular store?  Do
we need a ContactListProduct entity or is adding productId to
ContactList or ContactListParty sufficient?  I can see greater
flexibility when there is a ContactListProduct entity, but it can be
very simple just to add it to ContactListParty, for example, if a
party just wants to get notifications of a specific product.

Si

Re: associate contact list with product store and products?

Hi Si,

> Hi.
>
> Should there be some kind of entity to associate ContactList with
> ProductStore - so a user is signed up for a particular store's
> "Announcements" email for example?

Yes, this seems a good idea

> Also, should there be some kind of entity to associate ContactList
> with Product - so a user can be associated with updates and
> notifications about a particular Product at a particular store?

Yes, interesting too

>Do
> we need a ContactListProduct entity or is adding productId to
> ContactList or ContactListParty sufficient?  I can see greater
> flexibility when there is a ContactListProduct entity, but it can be
> very simple just to add it to ContactListParty, for example, if a
> party just wants to get notifications of a specific product.

Not sure about that. Quickly, I may say that ContactListProduct entity may be useful particularly if we want to associate special
informations related to specific products (prices, dates, etc.)

Re: associate contact list with product store and products?

cjhowe
You may want to look at customer request to see if it
fullfills your needs utilizing it in a similar fashion
as autoreorders are with shopping lists maybe?

--- Jacques Le Roux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Si,
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > Should there be some kind of entity to associate
> ContactList with
> > ProductStore - so a user is signed up for a
> particular store's
> > "Announcements" email for example?
>
> Yes, this seems a good idea
>
> > Also, should there be some kind of entity to
> associate ContactList
> > with Product - so a user can be associated with
> updates and
> > notifications about a particular Product at a
> particular store?
>
> Yes, interesting too
>
> >Do
> > we need a ContactListProduct entity or is adding
> productId to
> > ContactList or ContactListParty sufficient?  I can
> see greater
> > flexibility when there is a ContactListProduct
> entity, but it can be
> > very simple just to add it to ContactListParty,
> for example, if a
> > party just wants to get notifications of a
> specific product.
>
> Not sure about that. Quickly, I may say that
> ContactListProduct entity may be useful particularly
> if we want to associate special
> informations related to specific products (prices,
> dates, etc.)

Re: associate contact list with product store and products?

Si Chen-2
I looked at CustRequest and CustRequestItem, and those have a lot of
additional fields which wouldn't be used or needed here, making me
feel that they're not the right way to go.  Also, the fact that
sendCommEventAsEmail already supports ContactList as a way to send an
email about something makes me want to stick with ContactList rather
than try a whole different data scheme.

It seems that the best solution right now is a
ProductStoreContactList entity which can record productStoreId,
productId, contactListId, and maybe something about the purpose/type
of contact list it is.  That way you can configure a contact list to
use as the sign-up list for a product at a store....

...but maybe a better solution would come to my mind later.