bar code

Pal Infocom Technologies-2
i  am trying to customize ofbiz for a mobile store application
can i associate a bar code with the product while creating a product
if yes how?
plz provide help
thanks if you can help.

RE: bar code

Vikrant.Rathore
Hi Amit,

Currently ofbiz use 3of9 bar code so you give a product ID and you can print the bar code of the product in 3of9.

If you want to associate with UPC or ECN or other codes then you can use additional ID.

Regards,
Vikrant

i  am trying to customize ofbiz for a mobile store application
can i associate a bar code with the product while creating a product
if yes how?
plz provide help
thanks if you can help.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Re: bar code

Did you look thru the "Barcode" link on product pages ?

Jacques

De : "amit charaya" <[hidden email]>

> i  am trying to customize ofbiz for a mobile store application
> can i associate a bar code with the product while creating a product
> if yes how?
> plz provide help
> thanks if you can help.

RE: bar code

Vikrant.Rathore
Hi Amit,

Added some simple instruction at the below URL please check.

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/awk

Regards,
Vikrant

What i want to do is to scan products UPC when i receive product. Plz can you explain me how to do it.
or any tutorial for that.

Vikrant.Rathore wrote:

> Hi Amit,
>
> Currently ofbiz use 3of9 bar code so you give a product ID and you can
> print the bar code of the product in 3of9.
>
> If you want to associate with UPC or ECN or other codes then you can use
> additional ID.
>
> Regards,
> Vikrant

Quoted from:  http://www.nabble.com/RE%3A-bar-code-tf3913647.html#a11096193

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Re: bar code

Ray Barlow
Look at the IDs tab of the product data, select an entry of ID Type SKU
put the cursor in the ID Value and scan your bar code in to association
the bar code with that product.

In screens like the order entry you can also scan the bar code rather
than the product code to add an item to the basket.

Ray