best way to associate contactMech and CustRequest

best way to associate contactMech and CustRequest

Si Chen-2
How should I associate a CustRequest with a ContactMech?  For
example, a customer may want a catalog sent to a particular address,
or a customer may need service/support at a particular location.

My knee-jerk reaction was to add a new CustRequestContactMech.  Then,
thinking about it, adding a .contactMechId to CustRequest should do
it--unless we want to set up a whole bunch of
CustrequestContactMechTypes, but I don't want to be over-designing it
at this point.  Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Si

Re: best way to associate contactMech and CustRequest

David E Jones-2

If you decide to go with a field on the CustRequest, just make sure
to add a prefix to describe it's intent (we have too much of this
sort of "floating" field already).

-David

On Nov 14, 2006, at 12:42 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> How should I associate a CustRequest with a ContactMech?  For
> example, a customer may want a catalog sent to a particular
> address, or a customer may need service/support at a particular
> location.
>
> My knee-jerk reaction was to add a new CustRequestContactMech.
> Then, thinking about it, adding a .contactMechId to CustRequest
> should do it--unless we want to set up a whole bunch of
> CustrequestContactMechTypes, but I don't want to be over-designing
> it at this point.  Any thoughts?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Si

Re: best way to associate contactMech and CustRequest

cjhowe
I would think that since the likelihood is pretty high
that you would have more than one contactMech for a
request would warrant the additional entities.