create product problem

Vedam B
Hi,

I am facing a problem in create product.

"Duplicate entry"

Can some one point me to the right resource, where this bug was fixed.

Regards
Vedam

Re: create product problem

BJ Freeman
I don't remember seein a jira for it so the only other place if this was
fixed is the commit ML

I user versiion 4.0 and do create and update product service all the time
never run across this.

do you have more info

Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 3:52 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem in create product.
>
> "Duplicate entry"
>
> Can some one point me to the right resource, where this bug was fixed.
>
> Regards
> Vedam

Re: create product problem

Vedam B
Actually when you create a product, after successful creation, it's trying
create again and throwing an exception of *Duplicate Product* entry.
Regards
Vedam

On Nov 18, 2007 5:37 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't remember seein a jira for it so the only other place if this was
> fixed is the commit ML
>
> I user versiion 4.0 and do create and update product service all the time
> never run across this.
>
> do you have more info
>

> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 3:52 PM:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am facing a problem in create product.
> >
> > "Duplicate entry"
> >
> > Can some one point me to the right resource, where this bug was fixed.
> >
> > Regards
> > Vedam

Re: create product problem

BJ Freeman
what steps are you taking to create this?

Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:12 PM:

> Actually when you create a product, after successful creation, it's trying
> create again and throwing an exception of *Duplicate Product* entry.
> Regards
> Vedam
>

> On Nov 18, 2007 5:37 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I don't remember seein a jira for it so the only other place if this was
>> fixed is the commit ML
>>
>> I user versiion 4.0 and do create and update product service all the time
>> never run across this.
>>
>> do you have more info
>>

>> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 3:52 PM:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am facing a problem in create product.
>>>
>>> "Duplicate entry"
>>>
>>> Can some one point me to the right resource, where this bug was fixed.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Vedam

Re: create product problem

Vedam B
Here are teh steps followed

1. configure OFBiz with MySQL.
2. run-install
3. login
4. from the catalog screen create product

Regards
Vedam

On Nov 18, 2007 5:50 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> what steps are you taking to create this?
>
> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:12 PM:
> > Actually when you create a product, after successful creation, it's
> trying
> > create again and throwing an exception of *Duplicate Product* entry.
> > Regards
> > Vedam
> >

> > On Nov 18, 2007 5:37 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I don't remember seein a jira for it so the only other place if this
> was
> >> fixed is the commit ML
> >>
> >> I user versiion 4.0 and do create and update product service all the
> time
> >> never run across this.
> >>
> >> do you have more info
> >>

> >> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 3:52 PM:

Re: create product problem

Vedam B
I was going through with the list

http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2007/05/ofbiz-development-r-535337.html

found Fixed UserLogin being called twice (r 533305).
Is this is the similar event with Product also, like CreateProduct is called
twice?

Regards
Vedam

On Nov 18, 2007 5:57 AM, Vedam B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here are teh steps followed
>
> 1. configure OFBiz with MySQL.
> 2. run-install
> 3. login
> 4. from the catalog screen create product
>
> Regards
> Vedam
>

> On Nov 18, 2007 5:50 AM, BJ Freeman < [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > what steps are you taking to create this?
> >
> > Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:12 PM:
> > > Actually when you create a product, after successful creation, it's
> > trying
> > > create again and throwing an exception of *Duplicate Product* entry.
> > > Regards
> > > Vedam

> > was

> > time

> > fixed.

Re: create product problem

BJ Freeman
Ok your using the trunk or opentaps?
let me check the trunk.
BTW si is the one that maintains that blog.
you might ask in the opentaps group.

Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:31 PM:

> I was going through with the list
>
> http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2007/05/ofbiz-development-r-535337.html
>
> found Fixed UserLogin being called twice (r 533305).
> Is this is the similar event with Product also, like CreateProduct is called
> twice?
>

> Regards
> Vedam
>
> On Nov 18, 2007 5:57 AM, Vedam B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Here are teh steps followed
>>
>> 1. configure OFBiz with MySQL.
>> 2. run-install
>> 3. login
>> 4. from the catalog screen create product
>>
>> Regards
>> Vedam
>>

>> On Nov 18, 2007 5:50 AM, BJ Freeman < [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> what steps are you taking to create this?
>>>
>>> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:12 PM:
>>> trying

>>> was

>>> time

>>> fixed.

Re: create product problem

Vedam B
I am using OFBiz trunk only, but trying find out, if similar bugs fixed.

Regards
Vedam

On Nov 18, 2007 6:07 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok your using the trunk or opentaps?
> let me check the trunk.
> BTW si is the one that maintains that blog.
> you might ask in the opentaps group.
>
> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:31 PM:
> > I was going through with the list
> >
> > http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2007/05/ofbiz-development-r-535337.html
> >
> > found Fixed UserLogin being called twice (r 533305).
> > Is this is the similar event with Product also, like CreateProduct is
> called
> > twice?
> >

> > Regards
> > Vedam
> >
> > On Nov 18, 2007 5:57 AM, Vedam B <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Here are teh steps followed
> >>
> >> 1. configure OFBiz with MySQL.
> >> 2. run-install
> >> 3. login
> >> 4. from the catalog screen create product
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Vedam

Re: create product problem

BJ Freeman
Ok building a fresh build of trunk
will take a few minutes

Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:41 PM:

> I am using OFBiz trunk only, but trying find out, if similar bugs fixed.
>
> Regards
> Vedam
>
> On Nov 18, 2007 6:07 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok your using the trunk or opentaps?
>> let me check the trunk.
>> BTW si is the one that maintains that blog.
>> you might ask in the opentaps group.
>>
>> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:31 PM:
>>> I was going through with the list
>>>
>>> http://ofbiz-new.blogspot.com/2007/05/ofbiz-development-r-535337.html
>>>
>>> found Fixed UserLogin being called twice (r 533305).
>>> Is this is the similar event with Product also, like CreateProduct is
>> called
>>> twice?
>>>

>>> Regards
>>> Vedam

Re: create product problem

Vedam B
which one is the recent stable OFBiz version. any source to download stable
version.

Regards
Vedam

On Nov 18, 2007 6:22 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok building a fresh build of trunk
> will take a few minutes
>
> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:41 PM:
> > I am using OFBiz trunk only, but trying find out, if similar bugs fixed.
> >
> > Regards
> > Vedam
> >
> > On Nov 18, 2007 6:07 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Ok your using the trunk or opentaps?
> >> let me check the trunk.
> >> BTW si is the one that maintains that blog.
> >> you might ask in the opentaps group.
> >>
> >> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:31 PM:

> >> called

> entry.

> this

> the

Re: create product problem

BJ Freeman
I just ran the latest svn and did not duplicate you problem
however at the bottom there is a section about duplicating the product.
it shows after you enter a Product.

This is a aid to creating many product ID that have similar attributes
with out entering all the information again.

Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 5:11 PM:

> which one is the recent stable OFBiz version. any source to download stable
> version.
>
> Regards
> Vedam
>
> On Nov 18, 2007 6:22 AM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ok building a fresh build of trunk
>> will take a few minutes
>>
>> Vedam B sent the following on 11/17/2007 4:41 PM:
>>> I am using OFBiz trunk only, but trying find out, if similar bugs fixed.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Vedam

>> entry.

>> this

>> the

Re: create product problem

Scott Gray
Your best bet would be to checkout the release branch from svn
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/release4.0

Regards
Scott