createCustomer service does not show in webtools.

createCustomer service does not show in webtools.

BJ Freeman
not sure if this is be design but createCustomer service in
\applications\party\script\org\ofbiz\party\customer\customerevent.xml
or any other service in it show up on the webtools.

Re: createCustomer service does not show in webtools.

David E Jones

It's a ControlServlet request event, not a service.

-David

On Nov 22, 2007, at 9:39 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

> not sure if this is be design but createCustomer service in
> \applications\party\script\org\ofbiz\party\customer\customerevent.xml
> or any other service in it show up on the webtools.

Re: createCustomer service does not show in webtools.

BJ Freeman
thanks David. Not sure why that did not dawn on me.
have to stop writing emails with I am tired.
:)

David E Jones sent the following on 11/22/2007 8:57 PM:

> It's a ControlServlet request event, not a service.
>
> -David
>
> On Nov 22, 2007, at 9:39 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> not sure if this is be design but createCustomer service in
>> \applications\party\script\org\ofbiz\party\customer\customerevent.xml
>> or any other service in it show up on the webtools.

Re: createCustomer service does not show in webtools.

That would be great to have in web tools also?

David E Jones sent the following on 11/22/2007 8:57 PM:

> It's a ControlServlet request event, not a service.
>
> -David
>
> On Nov 22, 2007, at 9:39 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
>
>> not sure if this is be design but createCustomer service in
>> \applications\party\script\org\ofbiz\party\customer\customerevent.xml
>> or any other service in it show up on the webtools.

Re: createCustomer service does not show in webtools.

You mean a list of all events in/by controller applications ? Yes why not ? :o)

Though I don't use itmuch but prefer to search in code with Eclipse or such. The main reasons are : long list, time to reach it,
etc.
This does not mean that this could have no usefulness, especially for persons not acquinted with code (but then I wonder why they
are searching).
Also having a very list long list is not so useful. You would have to classify in a way or another (or in many ways even best as for
services).
For instance, by applications, alphabetical (beware of event names redudancy out of applications also ?) (beware of event names
redudancy out of applications also ?), etc.

Jacques

De : "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>

> That would be great to have in web tools also?
>
> David E Jones sent the following on 11/22/2007 8:57 PM:
> >
> > It's a ControlServlet request event, not a service.
> >
> > -David
> >
> > On Nov 22, 2007, at 9:39 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:
> >
> >> not sure if this is be design but createCustomer service in
> >> \applications\party\script\org\ofbiz\party\customer\customerevent.xml
> >> or any other service in it show up on the webtools.

Re: createCustomer service does not show in webtools.

BJ Freeman
I would think the list may not be as long as services and handled the
same way.
leaving the list of which controllers use it to the page that
specifically deals with the event.
and Yes I have Eclipse and can search. but first I must know what I am
searching for.
and Just like services it give a one more tool for a developer to see
what is already there.

But like everything it take time to make. So the question is, does the
person that wants this willing to invest time to do it.

As with most thing I mention, I am willing to put time in on it, at some
point, more asking if it is ok.
:)

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/23/2007 5:47 AM:

> You mean a list of all events in/by controller applications ? Yes why not ? :o)
>
> Though I don't use itmuch but prefer to search in code with Eclipse or such. The main reasons are : long list, time to reach it,
> etc.
> This does not mean that this could have no usefulness, especially for persons not acquinted with code (but then I wonder why they
> are searching).
> Also having a very list long list is not so useful. You would have to classify in a way or another (or in many ways even best as for
> services).
> For instance, by applications, alphabetical (beware of event names redudancy out of applications also ?) (beware of event names
> redudancy out of applications also ?), etc.
>
> Jacques
>
> De : "BJ Freeman" <[hidden email]>
>> That would be great to have in web tools also?
>>
>> David E Jones sent the following on 11/22/2007 8:57 PM:
>>> It's a ControlServlet request event, not a service.
>>>
>>> -David

Re: createCustomer service does not show in webtools.

Ok I think I see where the confusion is for me.
take createproduct.
it is as service as defined in
/application/catalog/servicedef/services.xml
and that calls
createproduct simple-method in
/applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/product/ProductServices.xml

from you reference the simple-method createCustomer
is defined as ControlServlet because it is called in the controller as
an event.

correct me if I am wrong but I can create a service for createCustomer
and and use the createCustomer in
\applications\party\script\org\ofbiz\party\customer\customerevent.xml
or copy it to
\applications\party\script\org\ofbiz\party\customer\customerservices.xml
and use that way also.