deletion of product

mridu
hello sir

How can i delete products from ofbiz database?will it be reloaded if i restart the ofbiz?

thenx in advance

mridu

Re: Users - deletion of product

For audit reason (OFBiz is an ERP) you can't remove products from the DB (always
possible manually with web tools but be sure of what you are doing...).

If you don't want that an user see it simply remove it from the categories
containing it. Another way to do that quickly is to use the specialized
categories. For more information see OFBiz Basic Production Setup Guide
http://www.undersunconsulting.com/control/onlineinfo.html?atc=OFB  p.31

Jacques

> hello sir
>
> How can i delete products from ofbiz database?will it be reloaded if i
> restart the ofbiz?
>
> thenx in advance
>
> mridu

Re: Users - deletion of product

short answer no.
long answer: products have an end date. you can use this to effectively
remove it from view, but not the Database.
This is because the Database is relational and all entities must be
removed at the same time, otherwise you will break the Database.
Only the entity structure is renewed at startup, not the data, if the
flag is set for that datasource.

mridu sent the following on 6/14/06 10:51 PM:

> hello sir
>
> How can i delete products from ofbiz database?will it be reloaded if i
> restart the ofbiz?
>
> thenx in advance
>
> mridu

Re: Users - deletion of product

Or you can use webtools > entity sql processor and use sql queries to
delete it from the tables.

We probably should have a delete product feature which just deletes
it from the product, product_xxx entities but which would fail if it
has been in an order or invoice or whatever else.  This might be
helpful for correcting errors, typos, etc.

Si

On Jun 14, 2006, at 11:23 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> For audit reason (OFBiz is an ERP) you can't remove products from
> the DB (always
> possible manually with web tools but be sure of what you are
> doing...).
>
> If you don't want that an user see it simply remove it from the
> categories
> containing it. Another way to do that quickly is to use the
> specialized
> categories. For more information see OFBiz Basic Production Setup
> Guide
> http://www.undersunconsulting.com/control/onlineinfo.html?atc=OFB
> p.31
>
> Jacques
>

>> hello sir
>>
>> How can i delete products from ofbiz database?will it be reloaded
>> if i
>> restart the ofbiz?
>>
>> thenx in advance
>>
>> mridu

Re: Users - deletion of product

davidnwelton
> We probably should have a delete product feature which just deletes
> it from the product, product_xxx entities but which would fail if it
> has been in an order or invoice or whatever else.  This might be
> helpful for correcting errors, typos, etc.

It would be helpful when people are in the 'playing around phase'.
It's kind of annoying to be experimenting and not be able to back
something out.

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Users - deletion of product

BJ Freeman
I agree that if a relationship has been established that the user should
get a message as to why it could not be deleted.

Up to now, the way to clear demo or "playing around data" is to do a ant
clean which removes the derby database in the /data folder.

David Welton sent the following on 6/15/06 4:07 AM:

>>We probably should have a delete product feature which just deletes
>>it from the product, product_xxx entities but which would fail if it
>>has been in an order or invoice or whatever else.  This might be
>>helpful for correcting errors, typos, etc.
>

> It would be helpful when people are in the 'playing around phase'.
> It's kind of annoying to be experimenting and not be able to back
> something out.

Re: Users - deletion of product

> I agree that if a relationship has been established that the user should
> get a message as to why it could not be deleted.
>
> Up to now, the way to clear demo or "playing around data" is to do a ant
> clean which removes the derby database in the /data folder.

To remove demo data it's "ant clean-all"

Jacques