direction of configuration of ofbiz

BJ Freeman
This is more to spot light the change and to clarify some points.
Please correct my understanding, if I am wrong.

eventually the applications folder will not be under the ofbiz_home or root.
as a matter of fact there will be no ofbiz_home or root.
the frame work will reside just like the each applications in the web
server.

This means that the application will have some extra code that is now
provided by the framework like class paths and active components.

as far as development, I am not sure, what energy or support will be
focused on the applications.
It seems the focus by the core developers will be on the framework. It
seems that is what will finally define ofbiz.

Re: direction of configuration of ofbiz

David E. Jones

BJ,

What you wrote here mostly doesn't make sense to me. What does seem to make sense does not seem to be quite correct.

I'm not sure what you mean by framework, for example, because right now around 98% of the effort going into OFBiz goes into the applications, and not the framework.

There will still be an ofbiz.home, no plans that I know of for that to change. As for the web server related stuff, I'm really not sure what you mean.

-David

BJ Freeman wrote:

> This is more to spot light the change and to clarify some points.
> Please correct my understanding, if I am wrong.
>
> eventually the applications folder will not be under the ofbiz_home or
> root.
> as a matter of fact there will be no ofbiz_home or root.
> the frame work will reside just like the each applications in the web
> server.
>
> This means that the application will have some extra code that is now
> provided by the framework like class paths and active components.
>

> as far as development, I am not sure, what energy or support will be
> focused on the applications.
> It seems the focus by the core developers will be on the framework. It
> seems that is what will finally define ofbiz.

Re: direction of configuration of ofbiz

BJ Freeman
thanks David, for straightening me out.

David E. Jones sent the following on 6/30/2006 12:18 AM: