explodeOrderItems not entirely working, no sales tax

explodeOrderItems not entirely working, no sales tax

jonwimp
Anyone working on issue 223 at issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-223 ?

In addition to the bug description there, I'd like to add that no sales tax adjustments are
applied to ANY of the exploded items. So, exploding an OrderItem of quantity say 5 will give us 5
OrderItem(s) for which no sales tax is applied.

I'm looking at this right now. Any clues? Seems like this bug has been left open for almost a year
now?

I've fixed the part of the bug where "no reservation is performed". Looking to fix the sales tax
thing.

Jonathon

Re: explodeOrderItems not entirely working, no sales tax

jonwimp
Managed to do an interim fix in ShoppingCart.addOrIncreaseItem(). Until
ShoppingCartItem.explodeItem(ShoppingCart, LocalDispatcher) is fixed, I'll have to live with this
interim fix.

Jonathon

Jonathon -- Improov wrote:

> Anyone working on issue 223 at issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-223 ?
>
> In addition to the bug description there, I'd like to add that no sales
> tax adjustments are applied to ANY of the exploded items. So, exploding
> an OrderItem of quantity say 5 will give us 5 OrderItem(s) for which no
> sales tax is applied.
>
> I'm looking at this right now. Any clues? Seems like this bug has been
> left open for almost a year now?
>
> I've fixed the part of the bug where "no reservation is performed".
> Looking to fix the sales tax thing.
>
> Jonathon

Subscription services

fadzi ushewokunze
hi all,

Whats the best way to do a recurring orders service like a subscription
service? eg a customer can buy subscription for first month and the
following months will be processed automatically thereafter?

thanks

Re: Subscription services

David E Jones

Check out the ShoppingList entity and related services and UI elements.

-David

fadzi ushewokunze wrote:
> hi all,
>
> Whats the best way to do a recurring orders service like a subscription
> service? eg a customer can buy subscription for first month and the
> following months will be processed automatically thereafter?
>
> thanks

Re: Subscription services

jonwimp
Will there be multiple sales orders for each subscription, one for each "billing cycle"? Is it
common or correct to have multiple sales orders for a single subscription?

I often see a single sales order with a single account number (sales order number), plus multiple
recurring invoices.

Is that supported in OFBiz?

Jonathon