getting transaction related exceptions

jaiser roney
Hello,
I am new to ofbiz

Inside the ServiceDispatcher.java  I am getting

import javax.transaction.Transaction            cannot be resolved

so i wanted to know that  which jar file contains Transaction.class
because in ofbiz i don't find any Transaction.java  file

Due to not able to identify Tranaction.class at run time i am getting
exceptions related to TransactionUtil.java file

are this exceptions are due to Transaction class or anything else ??
what are the other functionality that makes difficult due to Transaction class??

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: getting transaction related exceptions

BJ Freeman
you should have a
/framework/base/lib/j2eespecs/geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.jar
if your using svn or version 4.0

jaiser roney sent the following on 11/11/2007 8:05 PM:

> Hello,
> I am new to ofbiz
>
> Inside the ServiceDispatcher.java  I am getting
>
> import javax.transaction.Transaction            cannot be resolved
>
> so i wanted to know that  which jar file contains Transaction.class
> because in ofbiz i don't find any Transaction.java  file
>
> Due to not able to identify Tranaction.class at run time i am getting
> exceptions related to TransactionUtil.java file
>
> are this exceptions are due to Transaction class or anything else ??
> what are the other functionality that makes difficult due to Transaction class??
>
> Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: getting transaction related exceptions

jaiser roney
My Ofbiz revision have the required  below file
/framework/base/lib/j2eespecs/geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.jar

than even it gives   cannot resolved  error
rest of the files in  /framework/base/lib/j2eespecs  are going fine

but the only problem exists on lines

22    import javax.transaction.Transaction;
cannot be resolved

272 Transaction parentTransaction = null;

281 parentTransaction = TransactionUtil.suspend();

492 Transaction parentTransaction = null;

502  parentTransaction = TransactionUtil.suspend();

are there any possibility that only Transaction.class file only got
corrupted inside the geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.jar file

Re: getting transaction related exceptions

BJ Freeman
what are you doing to get these errors?

jaiser roney sent the following on 11/12/2007 12:33 AM:

> My Ofbiz revision have the required  below file
> /framework/base/lib/j2eespecs/geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.jar
>
> than even it gives   cannot resolved  error
> rest of the files in  /framework/base/lib/j2eespecs  are going fine
>
> but the only problem exists on lines
>
> 22    import javax.transaction.Transaction;
> cannot be resolved
>
> 272 Transaction parentTransaction = null;
>
> 281 parentTransaction = TransactionUtil.suspend();
>
> 492 Transaction parentTransaction = null;
>
> 502  parentTransaction = TransactionUtil.suspend();
>
> are there any possibility that only Transaction.class file only got
> corrupted inside the geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.jar file

Re: getting transaction related exceptions

jaiser roney
My problem got solved by replacing  the file

/framework/base/lib/j2eespecs/geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.jar  from
eclipse by  a new one

thanx BJ

Re: getting transaction related exceptions

BJ Freeman
glad you got it fixed.
:)

jaiser roney sent the following on 11/12/2007 7:52 PM: