hiding form sections

snowch
I have a screen that consists of two forms, findX and listFindX.

The find section is quite large as the user needs a lot of control over
the searching.  How can I setup a link to hide/show the findX form
section?

Many thanks,

Chris

Re: hiding form sections

Adrian Crum
There is an example of that in the findParty.ftl file in the Party Manager
component.

Christopher Snow wrote:

> I have a screen that consists of two forms, findX and listFindX.
>
> The find section is quite large as the user needs a lot of control over
> the searching.  How can I setup a link to hide/show the findX form
> section?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Chris

Re: hiding form sections

cjhowe
You'll need to play with it a bit, and it can be done more elegantly
but here's a general idea:

<screen name="myScreen">
<section>
<condition>
<condition>
<or>
<if-compare value="Y" field-name="showFindForm" operator="equals"/>
<if-empty field-name="showFindForm"/>
</or>
</condition>

</condition>
<widget>
<link target="requestToMyScreen?showFindForm=N"/>
<include-form name="findX" location="component://locationOfMyForm"/>
<include-form name="listFindX"
location="component://locationOfMyForm"/>
</widget>
<fail-widget>
<link target="requestToMyScreen?showFindForm=Y"/>
<include-form name="listFindX"
location="component://locationOfMyForm"/>
</fail-widget>
</section>
</screen>
--- Christopher Snow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a screen that consists of two forms, findX and listFindX.
>
> The find section is quite large as the user needs a lot of control
> over
> the searching.  How can I setup a link to hide/show the findX form
> section?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Chris

Re: hiding form sections

snowch
Thanks again Chris, will try that tonight ...

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 08:58 -0800, Chris Howe wrote:

> You'll need to play with it a bit, and it can be done more elegantly
> but here's a general idea:
>
> <screen name="myScreen">
> <section>
> <condition>
> <condition>
> <or>
> <if-compare value="Y" field-name="showFindForm" operator="equals"/>
> <if-empty field-name="showFindForm"/>
> </or>
> </condition>
>
> </condition>
> <widget>
> <link target="requestToMyScreen?showFindForm=N"/>
> <include-form name="findX" location="component://locationOfMyForm"/>
> <include-form name="listFindX"
> location="component://locationOfMyForm"/>
> </widget>
> <fail-widget>
> <link target="requestToMyScreen?showFindForm=Y"/>
> <include-form name="listFindX"
> location="component://locationOfMyForm"/>
> </fail-widget>
> </section>
> </screen>
> --- Christopher Snow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I have a screen that consists of two forms, findX and listFindX.
> >
> > The find section is quite large as the user needs a lot of control
> > over
> > the searching.  How can I setup a link to hide/show the findX form
> > section?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Chris

Re: hiding form sections

John Martin
You may also opt to use a hidden div tag with a checkbox and some javascript
to display it on demand.

Dynamically you could control if the form is hidden or displayed by setting
the syle.

http://www.netlobo.com/div_hiding.html