how the display-entity work?

guo weizhan
in the ListContent section of ContentForms.xml, why the length of
contentName is more than 20 will cause SQLSTATE: 22001 error in DB2?
 <field name="contentName" widget-style="tabletext">
            <display-entity entity-name="Content"
description="${contentName}" key-field-name="contentId">
                <sub-hyperlink target="editContent?contentId=${contentId}"
description="[${contentId}]" link-style="buttontext"/>
            </display-entity>
 </field>

Re: how the display-entity work?

Dimitri Unruh-2
I guess the problem is not the contentName, but the contenId.
As far as I know, the primary key lenght  of the BD2 is limited (I don't
know the value),
but maybe you can try it with some simple contentId's?

Viele Grüße
Best Regards

"guo weizhan" <[hidden email]>
21.02.2008 10:16
Please respond to

cc

Subject
how the display-entity work?

in the ListContent section of ContentForms.xml, why the length of
contentName is more than 20 will cause SQLSTATE: 22001 error in DB2?
 <field name="contentName" widget-style="tabletext">
            <display-entity entity-name="Content"
description="${contentName}" key-field-name="contentId">
                <sub-hyperlink target="editContent?contentId=${contentId}"
description="[${contentId}]" link-style="buttontext"/>
            </display-entity>
 </field>

Dimitri Unruh
Consultant AEW
Agrenon GmbH
Johanniskirchplatz 6
33615 Bielefeld
Deutschland
Fon: +49 521 5247-0
Fax: +49 521 5247-250
Mobil: +49 160 90 57 55 13

Company and Management Headquarters:
Agrenon GmbH, Johanniskirchplatz 6, 33615 Bielefeld, Deutschland, Fon: +49 521 5247-0, Fax: +49 521 5247-250, www.agrenon.com

Court Registration: Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRB 36795
Chief Executive Officer: Dirk Osterkamp

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

*

Re: how the display-entity work?

guo weizhan
I test the content id with CDI1201 , it's fine

the error occur only when the length of contentname more than 20

2008/2/21, Dimitri Unruh <[hidden email]>:

> I guess the problem is not the contentName, but the contenId.
> As far as I know, the primary key lenght  of the BD2 is limited (I don't
> know the value),
> but maybe you can try it with some simple contentId's?
>

> Viele Grüße
> Best Regards
>

> "guo weizhan" <[hidden email]>
> 21.02.2008 10:16
> Please respond to

> cc
>
> Subject
> how the display-entity work?
>

> in the ListContent section of ContentForms.xml, why the length of
> contentName is more than 20 will cause SQLSTATE: 22001 error in DB2?
>   <field name="contentName" widget-style="tabletext">
>             <display-entity entity-name="Content"
> description="${contentName}" key-field-name="contentId">
>                 <sub-hyperlink target="editContent?contentId=${contentId}"
> description="[${contentId}]" link-style="buttontext"/>
>             </display-entity>
>   </field>
>

> Dimitri Unruh
> Consultant AEW
> Agrenon GmbH
> Johanniskirchplatz 6
> 33615 Bielefeld
> Deutschland
> Fon: +49 521 5247-0
> Fax: +49 521 5247-250
> Mobil: +49 160 90 57 55 13
>

> Company and Management Headquarters:
> Agrenon GmbH, Johanniskirchplatz 6, 33615 Bielefeld, Deutschland, Fon: +49
> 521 5247-0, Fax: +49 521 5247-250, www.agrenon.com
>
> Court Registration: Amtsgericht Bielefeld HRB 36795
> Chief Executive Officer: Dirk Osterkamp

> This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or
> otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in
> error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of
> it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the
> original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

> *

Re: how the display-entity work?

Walter Vaughan
guo weizhan wrote:

>I test the content id with CDI1201 , it's fine
>
>the error occur only when the length of contentname more than 20

DB2 is not a perferred database for OFBiz... AFAICT
Search the archives of this mailling list. I seem to remember some
workarounds in the past year
http://www.nabble.com/OFBiz---User-f2743.html

Re: how the display-entity work?

guo weizhan
Thanks, I have read the old post before, but I need ofbiz support the db2
database, and db2 is the important db in market, it can make ofbiz  be
adopted widely.

2008/2/21, Walter Vaughan <[hidden email]>:

> guo weizhan wrote:
>
> >I test the content id with CDI1201 , it's fine
> >
> >the error occur only when the length of contentname more than 20
> >

> DB2 is not a perferred database for OFBiz... AFAICT
> Search the archives of this mailling list. I seem to remember some
> workarounds in the past year
> http://www.nabble.com/OFBiz---User-f2743.html

Re: how the display-entity work?

guo weizhan
I think this is the bug,  it should be change to this:

<field name="contentId" widget-style="tabletext">
            <display-entity entity-name="Content"
description="${contentName}" key-field-name="contentId">
                <sub-hyperlink target="editContent?contentId=${contentId}"
description="[${contentId}]" link-style="buttontext"/>
            </display-entity>
 </field>

does it??

2008/2/22, guo weizhan <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks, I have read the old post before, but I need ofbiz support the db2
> database, and db2 is the important db in market, it can make ofbiz  be
> adopted widely.
>
> 2008/2/21, Walter Vaughan <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > guo weizhan wrote:
> >
> > >I test the content id with CDI1201 , it's fine
> > >
> > >the error occur only when the length of contentname more than 20
> > >

> > DB2 is not a perferred database for OFBiz... AFAICT
> > Search the archives of this mailling list. I seem to remember some
> > workarounds in the past year
> > http://www.nabble.com/OFBiz---User-f2743.html

Re: how the display-entity work?

BJ Freeman
where do you see a length defined here?

guo weizhan sent the following on 2/21/2008 6:41 PM:

> I think this is the bug,  it should be change to this:
>
> <field name="contentId" widget-style="tabletext">
>             <display-entity entity-name="Content"
> description="${contentName}" key-field-name="contentId">
>                 <sub-hyperlink target="editContent?contentId=${contentId}"
> description="[${contentId}]" link-style="buttontext"/>
>             </display-entity>
>  </field>
>
> does it??
>
> 2008/2/22, guo weizhan <[hidden email]>:
>> Thanks, I have read the old post before, but I need ofbiz support the db2
>> database, and db2 is the important db in market, it can make ofbiz  be
>> adopted widely.

>>> DB2 is not a perferred database for OFBiz... AFAICT
>>> Search the archives of this mailling list. I seem to remember some
>>> workarounds in the past year
>>> http://www.nabble.com/OFBiz---User-f2743.html

Re: how the display-entity work?

guo weizhan
I see the length defined in entitymodel of course.
I think the display-entity work like this:  select *** from Content
where key-field-name
= value
the value get from field name="contentId"  does it ? if yes, why it can work
when name="contentName" in other db, a little confused...

2008/2/22, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]>:

> where do you see a length defined here?
>
> guo weizhan sent the following on 2/21/2008 6:41 PM:
>
> > I think this is the bug,  it should be change to this:
> >
> > <field name="contentId" widget-style="tabletext">
> >             <display-entity entity-name="Content"
> > description="${contentName}" key-field-name="contentId">
> >                 <sub-hyperlink
> target="editContent?contentId=${contentId}"
> > description="[${contentId}]" link-style="buttontext"/>
> >             </display-entity>
> >  </field>
> >
> > does it??
> >
> > 2008/2/22, guo weizhan <[hidden email]>:
> >> Thanks, I have read the old post before, but I need ofbiz support the
> db2
> >> database, and db2 is the important db in market, it can make ofbiz  be
> >> adopted widely.

Re: how the display-entity work?

BJ Freeman
Actually ofbiz does not use the DB as a reference but uses the
entitymodel and fieldtypexxxxxxxx.xml file.
Depending on whether a widget or FTL the rendering code define the
length of field from the entity model, Field type. The absolute length
is defined from the fieldtypexxxxxxxx.xml. where the xxxxx is the db

you will notice the Entity model does not define an absolute length. The
 fieldtypexxxxxxxx.xml is were the absolute lenght is defined.

There should never be a field length longer that the db ability if the
fieldtypexxxxxxxx field length is defined properly.

now there maybe a bug in the rendering code for UI's but I don't know
where exactly that might be.

guo weizhan sent the following on 2/22/2008 7:27 AM: