how to delete entities from opentaps

Nitin Dhawan

Friends,

I managed to start working with all the example data on my opentaps
installation. Now that is irritating when I m working with real data

a. How do I remove this data.
b. Moreover, if I create some miustake while adding data.

I do not find any way to remove that data - even when it is at the lowest
level. I have tried to do this as admin  - with all rights to delete
entities , or any other data.

If I need to remove data at a higher level - and need to remove all the
linked data , is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Nitin

Re: how to delete entities from opentaps

Midhat
Use a blank mySQL or pgSQL database and run ofbiz. it will recreate the database structure. now run ant run-install-seed to start with only the admin account.

there is also such a thing as ant clean-data to clear the data but i am not very sure abt it.

And not all of the entity instances can be deleted. Theres a related thread at http://www.nabble.com/Deleting-Items-tf2008864.html

Nitin Dhawan wrote

Friends,

I managed to start working with all the example data on my opentaps
installation. Now that is irritating when I m working with real data

a. How do I remove this data.
b. Moreover, if I create some miustake while adding data.

I do not find any way to remove that data - even when it is at the lowest
level. I have tried to do this as admin  - with all rights to delete
entities , or any other data.

If I need to remove data at a higher level - and need to remove all the
linked data , is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Nitin

RE: how to delete entities from opentaps

Nitin Dhawan
Thanks Midhat, the link is very useful...

Also, I am trying to browse the mysql data using DBbrowser. Can anyone tell
me what URL to use ? Is it the same as my OpenTaps uRL , same port as HTTP ,
or just the same IP as the opentaps installation?

Nitin Dhawan wrote:

> Friends,
>

> I managed to start working with all the example data on my opentaps
> installation. Now that is irritating when I m working with real data
>

> a. How do I remove this data.
> b. Moreover, if I create some miustake while adding data.
>

> I do not find any way to remove that data - even when it is at the lowest
> level. I have tried to do this as admin  - with all rights to delete
> entities , or any other data.
>

> If I need to remove data at a higher level - and need to remove all the
> linked data , is it possible?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Nitin

Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

RE: how to delete entities from opentaps

cjhowe
DBBrowser http://databasebrowser.sourceforge.net/
appears to be a java ui, not a web ui.
screenshot:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=107437

I would think you would just launch their UI app

http://www.nabble.com/how-to-delete-entities-from-opentaps-tf2108035.html#a5
> 810841
> Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: how to delete entities from opentaps

Would you like a script that can delete all the orders, inventory,
shipments, invoices, and payments in your system?

On Aug 15, 2006, at 1:27 AM, Nitin Dhawan wrote:

> Friends,
>

> I managed to start working with all the example data on my opentaps
> installation. Now that is irritating when I m working with real data
>

> a. How do I remove this data.
> b. Moreover, if I create some miustake while adding data.
>

> I do not find any way to remove that data - even when it is at the
> lowest
> level. I have tried to do this as admin  - with all rights to delete
> entities , or any other data.
>

> If I need to remove data at a higher level - and need to remove all
> the
> linked data , is it possible?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Nitin

RE: how to delete entities from opentaps

Nitin Dhawan
Yes.. it would be helpful..
What would help even more is to selectively remove the example data (letting
the seed data and new data that I added be .. :)

From: "Nitin Dhawan" <[hidden email]>
> Yes.. it would be helpful..
> What would help even more is to selectively remove the example data (letting
> the seed data and new data that I added be .. :)

Yes, that's a good point. But who have time to do something about that ?

Jacques

Jacopo Cappellato
The best thing you can do is to load just the seed data (and no demo data):

ant run-install-seed

Jacopo