how to disable an application from ofbiz webtools

How to create a login ID for a person?

Mathius Allo
Hi BJ,

  I was trying to figure out on how the Party Manager application is working. My ultimate goal is as below:

  1. I want to create a separate access control module (should be a subset of Party Manager module). I found that Party Manager is an overkill to our requirement which is quite simple. I should be able to create a group/role, add permission to the group, assign user to a group. This access control module is only to be used by our own application.

  2. However, I want to ensure that the user created through our own access control module should conform to the OFBiz. i.e. the user can be used to access existing OFBiz application (if given correct permission through Party Manager application)

  Therefore, I was thinking of making use of the existing code (Party Manager Application) and just create a new GUI for the simple access control mechanism.

  Does this approach make sense? Are there any issues from this approach?

Thanks in advanced.
  Mathius

BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
  Normally create person is used for adding a person to an already PartyID.
going to the https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/createUserLogin
requires passing the partyid.
Can you tell me what you are attempting to accomplish.

Mathius Allo sent the following on 10/22/2007 10:49 PM:

> The following line shows me "No party found with the partyId of:" even after replacing "admin" with the newly created party ID
>
> The following are the steps tried to create a new Person:
> 1. Click on "Create New Person" link from Party Manager Application
>
> 2. Enter details and click on save button. I verified that a new party is created under PARTY table. There isn't any record created under USER_LOGIN table. I should expect this as the system should not create my login ID automatically.
>
> Question: Where can I find the link to create a login ID and link it to this newly created person?
>
> Under PartyForm.xml I notice a form called "AddUserLogin" so there there must be a link to allow me to specify my login ID & password.
>
> I tried to add a new user login directly through the below URL but I don't know how to link this user login to a person:
>
> https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/createUserLogin
>
> Thanks
> Mathius
>
> Adrian Crum wrote: https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/viewprofile#partyUserLogins?partyId=admin
>
> Mathius Allo wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Where is the link to create a login ID for a newly created person?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mathius

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: How to create a login ID for a person?

BJ Freeman
that is fine, however you need to understand how ofbiz works to
accomplish this.
if is best if you walk thru the controller.xml and look at the widgets
that created the screens. I accomplish this by making a separate module
to put all my modifications in.
then looks that the services they call.
like createPersonAndUserLogin
you can see these in the webtools
services
https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/availableServices

Mathius Allo sent the following on 10/23/2007 10:30 AM:

> Hi BJ,
>
>   I was trying to figure out on how the Party Manager application is working. My ultimate goal is as below:
>
>   1. I want to create a separate access control module (should be a subset of Party Manager module). I found that Party Manager is an overkill to our requirement which is quite simple. I should be able to create a group/role, add permission to the group, assign user to a group. This access control module is only to be used by our own application.
>
>   2. However, I want to ensure that the user created through our own access control module should conform to the OFBiz. i.e. the user can be used to access existing OFBiz application (if given correct permission through Party Manager application)
>
>   Therefore, I was thinking of making use of the existing code (Party Manager Application) and just create a new GUI for the simple access control mechanism.
>
>   Does this approach make sense? Are there any issues from this approach?
>
> Thanks in advanced.
>   Mathius
>
> BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   Normally create person is used for adding a person to an already PartyID.
> going to the https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/createUserLogin
> requires passing the partyid.
> Can you tell me what you are attempting to accomplish.
>

> Mathius Allo sent the following on 10/22/2007 10:49 PM:
>> The following line shows me "No party found with the partyId of:" even after replacing "admin" with the newly created party ID
>>
>> The following are the steps tried to create a new Person:
>> 1. Click on "Create New Person" link from Party Manager Application
>>
>> 2. Enter details and click on save button. I verified that a new party is created under PARTY table. There isn't any record created under USER_LOGIN table. I should expect this as the system should not create my login ID automatically.
>>
>> Question: Where can I find the link to create a login ID and link it to this newly created person?
>>
>> Under PartyForm.xml I notice a form called "AddUserLogin" so there there must be a link to allow me to specify my login ID & password.
>>
>> I tried to add a new user login directly through the below URL but I don't know how to link this user login to a person:
>>
>> https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/createUserLogin
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mathius
>>
>> Adrian Crum wrote: https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/viewprofile#partyUserLogins?partyId=admin
>>
>> Mathius Allo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Where is the link to create a login ID for a newly created person?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mathius

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: how to disable an application from ofbiz webtools

Carl Gleisner
David,

I have been using 4.0 now using only the framework. Everything worked fine until I switched db. Moving from the derby caused problems. Trying to login you get "SecuirtyextUiLabels not found for locale" since LoginServices.java uses those resources. I suppose this has to do with new database not having any userlogins (since they're not imported when they're in securityext) and then trying to get the ui labels but does not find them. Is it supposed to be this way?

David E Jones wrote
On Oct 23, 2007, at 1:24 AM, Carl Johansson wrote:

> I have tried naked 4.0 and it works well for me. However it would
> be great to
> have partymgr and securityext for logins. Am I wrong about this? If
> not, is
> anyone else interested in this aswell?

Could you be more specific about what you have in mind? The UserLogin
entity is in the framework and should work fine without the party and
securityext components.

If you want the partymgr you're opening a whole can of worms, as
there is a lot in it and it isn't designed to be used independent of
the other applications components. It can certainly be isolated, but
I'd be very surprised if it was worth the effort.

-David

> David E Jones wrote:
>>

>> Just delete the entire applications folder (and you can delete the
>> specialpurpose folder as well).
>>
>> I haven't tested this in a while, but it should still work without
>> problems unless a new framework -> applications dependency has
>> slipped in (which is a big NO NO!).
>>
>> -David

Re: how to disable an application from ofbiz webtools

Matheus Eduardo Machado Moreira-3
    I'm running into the same problem here (framework not able to find
SecurityextUiLabels), so I cannot log in into Webtools application. I'd like
to use Webtools to manage my entities while I develop my application. I
didn't delete the applications and specialpurpose folders yet but I changed
the build and component-load files to avoid building and loading these
undesired applications.

    Am I able to use Web Tools application loading only the framework
components? If not, what is the minimum set of applications necessary to do
it?

    Atenciosamente,

Matheus Eduardo Machado Moreira
[hidden email]

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
        Salvor Hardin (The Foundation, Isaac Asimov)

2007/10/28, Carl Johansson <[hidden email]>:

> David,
>
> I have been using 4.0 now using only the framework. Everything worked fine
> until I switched db. Moving from the derby caused problems. Trying to
> login
> you get "SecuirtyextUiLabels not found for locale" since
> LoginServices.java
> uses those resources. I suppose this has to do with new database not
> having
> any userlogins (since they're not imported when they're in securityext)
> and
> then trying to get the ui labels but does not find them. Is it supposed to
> be this way?
>

> David E Jones wrote:
> >

> > On Oct 23, 2007, at 1:24 AM, Carl Johansson wrote:
> >

> >> I have tried naked 4.0 and it works well for me. However it would
> >> be great to
> >> have partymgr and securityext for logins. Am I wrong about this? If
> >> not, is
> >> anyone else interested in this aswell?
> >
> > Could you be more specific about what you have in mind? The UserLogin
> > entity is in the framework and should work fine without the party and
> > securityext components.
> >
> > If you want the partymgr you're opening a whole can of worms, as
> > there is a lot in it and it isn't designed to be used independent of
> > the other applications components. It can certainly be isolated, but
> > I'd be very surprised if it was worth the effort.
> >
> > -David

Re: how to disable an application from ofbiz webtools

Carl Gleisner
Matheus,

Yes, you are able to use WebTools running only the components in the framework folder. One easy way to solve the issue of the UiLabel dependency from securityext is to simply move the SecurityextUiLabels.properties (right filename is it?) into framework/security. I think that since the framework uses these labels they should be in the framework folder so this problem won't come up again.

Matheus Eduardo Machado Moreira-3 wrote

matheus.emm@gmail.com

2007/10/28, Carl Johansson <mail@carl-johansson.com>:

> David,
>
> I have been using 4.0 now using only the framework. Everything worked fine
> until I switched db. Moving from the derby caused problems. Trying to
> login
> you get "SecuirtyextUiLabels not found for locale" since
> LoginServices.java
> uses those resources. I suppose this has to do with new database not
> having
> any userlogins (since they're not imported when they're in securityext)
> and
> then trying to get the ui labels but does not find them. Is it supposed to
> be this way?
>

> David E Jones wrote:
> >

> > On Oct 23, 2007, at 1:24 AM, Carl Johansson wrote:
> >

> >> I have tried naked 4.0 and it works well for me. However it would
> >> be great to
> >> have partymgr and securityext for logins. Am I wrong about this? If
> >> not, is
> >> anyone else interested in this aswell?
> >
> > Could you be more specific about what you have in mind? The UserLogin
> > entity is in the framework and should work fine without the party and
> > securityext components.
> >
> > If you want the partymgr you're opening a whole can of worms, as
> > there is a lot in it and it isn't designed to be used independent of
> > the other applications components. It can certainly be isolated, but
> > I'd be very surprised if it was worth the effort.
> >
> > -David

Re: how to disable an application from ofbiz webtools

Carl Gleisner
I looked around the mailing list and found some correspondence regarding this matter.

What's up with the loginservices.* labels?

Re: how to disable an application from ofbiz webtools

Jacopo Cappellato
Carl,

in rev. 590571 I've moved the files to the common component, as you were
suggesting.

Thanks for your insight.

Jacopo

Carl Johansson wrote:
> I looked around the mailing list and found some correspondence regarding this
> matter.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/What%27s-up-with-the-loginservices.*-labels--tf4263881.html#a12134657
> What's up with the loginservices.* labels?

Re: how to disable an application from ofbiz webtools

Matheus Eduardo Machado Moreira-3
    Carl,

    thanks! :)

    Atenciosamente,