how to manually cancel an order?

rohit
Hi,

We at times have to manually cancel individual orders when the customer requests us to so. How can this be achieved?

thanks,

rohit

Re: how to manually cancel an order?

cjhowe
in the order manager...view order , edit items, cancel
all for each line..once all lines are canceled, order
will be set to cancelled status

--- rohit2006 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We at times have to manually cancel individual
> orders when the customer
> requests us to so. How can this be achieved?
>
> thanks,
>
> rohit
> Nabble.com.

Re: how to manually cancel an order?

rohit
Hi Chris,

Thanks i just figured that, it was pretty easy.

Am just curious at how it works, should the order status not be allowed to be changed until and unless something is also done in the accounting section. Generally when orders are cancelled the buyer has to be refunded if the payment has been already collected, say in case of paypal or say the credit card has been captured. In this situation should the order not be allowed to be cancelled until the payment has been reversed or cancelled. \

Its just a thought and it may help avoid errors by staff, who may cancel orders but forget to process the refund.

rohit

cjhowe wrote

--- rohit2006 <rohitksureka@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We at times have to manually cancel individual
> orders when the customer
> requests us to so. How can this be achieved?
>
> thanks,
>
> rohit
> Nabble.com.

Re: how to manually cancel an order?

BJ Freeman
I added a status and services for payment processing before cancel and
order complete.
the one for order complete is we have the options to ship first then
charge the customer.

rohit2006 sent the following on 10/13/2006 3:33 AM: