how to propose a change to ofbiz.org?

Si Chen-2
Hi.

How do I propose a change to ofbiz.org?  One is a small change about
opentaps, another is something for marketing.

Si

Re: how to propose a change to ofbiz.org?

David E Jones-2

Si,

Being a committer you have a few options, including:

1. if you're comfortable with it, just go for it...
2. for early discussion or if you're not sure about what the change
might/should look like, the mailing lists are a good place
3. if you have a proposal for a change you'd like others to review,
then a patch on a jira issue is probably the best place

I guess in other words, the web site changes are pretty much the same
as anything else.

The site location in SVN is no longer under the trunk/ directory, but
rather a sibling to it (ofbiz/site instead of ofbiz/trunk).

-David

On Sep 26, 2006, at 8:31 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> How do I propose a change to ofbiz.org?  One is a small change
> about opentaps, another is something for marketing.
>
> Si

Re: how to propose a change to ofbiz.org?

Si Chen-2
David,

Thanks.  I made a couple of changes and made a JIRA issue for it.
Let me know if it is OK, and I can commit it:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-331

Si

On Sep 26, 2006, at 12:39 PM, David E Jones wrote:

> Si,
>
> Being a committer you have a few options, including:
>
> 1. if you're comfortable with it, just go for it...
> 2. for early discussion or if you're not sure about what the change
> might/should look like, the mailing lists are a good place
> 3. if you have a proposal for a change you'd like others to review,
> then a patch on a jira issue is probably the best place
>
> I guess in other words, the web site changes are pretty much the
> same as anything else.
>
> The site location in SVN is no longer under the trunk/ directory,
> but rather a sibling to it (ofbiz/site instead of ofbiz/trunk).
>
> -David
>

> On Sep 26, 2006, at 8:31 PM, Si Chen wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> How do I propose a change to ofbiz.org?  One is a small change
>> about opentaps, another is something for marketing.
>>
>> Si

Re: how to propose a change to ofbiz.org?

David E Jones-2

I didn't review the patch, but based on the description in the issue
it sounds fine to me.

-David