html to xsl:fo transformers?

Si Chen-2
Hi.

Does anybody know of an open source html to xsl:fo transformation
(via xslt) possibly?

This is what I'd like to do: be able to have a tag like <html-xslfo>
which can be used like this
                                <platform-specific><html-xslfo>
location="component://mycomponent/webapp/mywebapp/myPage.ftl"/></html>
                                 </platform-specific>

and then the contents of a myPage.ftl to xsl:fo and output as PDF.

Best Regards,

Si

Re: html to xsl:fo transformers?

cjhowe
I had done a similar search before and came across
this page.  However, I haven't tried his
implementation yet.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2006/jw-0410-html.html
http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm
http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/sample-xsl-xhtml2fo/xhtml2fo.xsl
--- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Does anybody know of an open source html to xsl:fo
> transformation
> (via xslt) possibly?
>
> This is what I'd like to do: be able to have a tag
> like <html-xslfo>
> which can be used like this
>
> <platform-specific><html-xslfo>

location="component://mycomponent/webapp/mywebapp/myPage.ftl"/></html>

> </platform-specific>
>
> and then the contents of a myPage.ftl to xsl:fo and
> output as PDF.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Si

Re: html to xsl:fo transformers?

Si Chen-2
Thanks.  They all point to the transformer by antennahouse.  Do they
have any license information on it?

On Dec 6, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Chris Howe wrote:

> I had done a similar search before and came across
> this page.  However, I haven't tried his
> implementation yet.
>
> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2006/jw-0410-html.html
> http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm
> http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/sample-xsl-xhtml2fo/xhtml2fo.xsl
> --- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Does anybody know of an open source html to xsl:fo
>> transformation
>> (via xslt) possibly?
>>
>> This is what I'd like to do: be able to have a tag
>> like <html-xslfo>
>> which can be used like this
>>
>> <platform-specific><html-xslfo>
>>

> location="component://mycomponent/webapp/mywebapp/myPage.ftl"/></html>
>>
>> </platform-specific>
>>
>> and then the contents of a myPage.ftl to xsl:fo and
>> output as PDF.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Si
>> [hidden email]

Best Regards,

Si

Re: html to xsl:fo transformers?

cjhowe
The xsl contains the licensing information.  The other
links were provided for background since the xsl is
meant to accompany antennahouse's product and there
may be some snags.

--- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks.  They all point to the transformer by
> antennahouse.  Do they
> have any license information on it?
>
> On Dec 6, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Chris Howe wrote:
>
> > I had done a similar search before and came across
> > this page.  However, I haven't tried his
> > implementation yet.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2006/jw-0410-html.html

> http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm

http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/sample-xsl-xhtml2fo/xhtml2fo.xsl

> > --- Si Chen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> Does anybody know of an open source html to
> xsl:fo
> >> transformation
> >> (via xslt) possibly?
> >>
> >> This is what I'd like to do: be able to have a
> tag
> >> like <html-xslfo>
> >> which can be used like this
> >>
> >> <platform-specific><html-xslfo>

location="component://mycomponent/webapp/mywebapp/myPage.ftl"/></html>

> >> </platform-specific>
> >>
> >> and then the contents of a myPage.ftl to xsl:fo
> and
> >> output as PDF.
> >>
> >> Best Regards,
> >>
> >> Si
> >> [hidden email]
> >>

> Best Regards,
>
> Si

Re: html to xsl:fo transformers?

Si Chen-2
You're right.  I just ready the license for the XSLT.  It seems to me
to be pretty much the MIT Public License plus this clause:

both the above copyright notice(s) and this permission notice appear
in supporting documentation.

I wonder if that would make it incompatible with Apache license?
What exactly does it mean?

JTidy's license is here: http://aurora.regenstrief.org/~schadow/text/
jtidy/LICENSE

It's copyrighted the W3C consortium, but what exactly does this
license mean?

On Dec 6, 2006, at 1:42 PM, Chris Howe wrote:

> The xsl contains the licensing information.  The other
> links were provided for background since the xsl is
> meant to accompany antennahouse's product and there
> may be some snags.
>
> --- Si Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  They all point to the transformer by
>> antennahouse.  Do they
>> have any license information on it?
>>
>> On Dec 6, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Chris Howe wrote:
>>
>>> I had done a similar search before and came across
>>> this page.  However, I haven't tried his
>>> implementation yet.
>>>

> http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2006/jw-0410-html.html
>>>
>> http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm
>>>

> http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/sample-xsl-xhtml2fo/xhtml2fo.xsl
>>> --- Si Chen <[hidden email]>

>> xsl:fo

>> tag

> location="component://mycomponent/webapp/mywebapp/myPage.ftl"/></html>

>> and

>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Si
>> [hidden email]

Best Regards,

Si

Re: html to xsl:fo transformers?

David E Jones-2

On Dec 6, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Si Chen wrote:

> You're right.  I just ready the license for the XSLT.  It seems to
> me to be pretty much the MIT Public License plus this clause:
>
> both the above copyright notice(s) and this permission notice
> appear in supporting documentation.
>
> I wonder if that would make it incompatible with Apache license?
> What exactly does it mean?

It means a notice would have to go in the NOTICE file.

> JTidy's license is here: http://aurora.regenstrief.org/~schadow/
> text/jtidy/LICENSE
>
> It's copyrighted the W3C consortium, but what exactly does this
> license mean?

Look in the LICENSE/NOTICE files, there is a W3C licensed file
already in place. Guess which one it is too... ;)

-David