i've seen this asked but not answered

RE: i've seen this asked but not answered [UGH!]

CaseT

The error message I'm receiving when trying to connect to:
https://10.142.53.10:8443/webtools/control/main

"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8443"

From my laptop (windows xp, ip=10.142.53.102) I can tracert and ping
10.142.53.10 (rhel4 w/ofbiz Release4.0 version:592149 running and accessible
via 127.0.0.1)

The router is linksys: 10.142.53.1

In the router firewall settings I have port forwarding enabled for https
port range 8443~8443, ip address 10.142.53.10, protocol TCP.

I did try setting https to "N" in the url.properties file(as one post
suggested), restarting the ofbiz server and changing my firewall settings to
enable http port 8080, I get the same results.

"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8080"

Any other ideas on what might be causing the problem? I need this up and
running by tomorrow.

Many TIA, Case

Re: i've seen this asked but not answered [UGH!]

BJ Freeman
first I am running ofbiz on same type of box
but I left the addresses as 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1
if you have access to the box thru a local keyboard and monitor see if
you can see ofbiz.
then check your hostnames in the hosts (/etc/hosts)

127.0.0.1    localhost   (yourhostname)  localhost.localdomain
or
127.0.0.1    localhost   localhost.localdomain

Case Torres sent the following on 11/8/2007 12:34 PM:

> The error message I'm receiving when trying to connect to:
> https://10.142.53.10:8443/webtools/control/main
>
> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8443"
>
>>From my laptop (windows xp, ip=10.142.53.102) I can tracert and ping
> 10.142.53.10 (rhel4 w/ofbiz Release4.0 version:592149 running and accessible
> via 127.0.0.1)
>
> The router is linksys: 10.142.53.1
>
> In the router firewall settings I have port forwarding enabled for https
> port range 8443~8443, ip address 10.142.53.10, protocol TCP.
>
> I did try setting https to "N" in the url.properties file(as one post
> suggested), restarting the ofbiz server and changing my firewall settings to
> enable http port 8080, I get the same results.
>
> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8080"
>
> Any other ideas on what might be causing the problem? I need this up and
> running by tomorrow.
>
> Many TIA, Case

I do have access, and yes I can see ofbiz
/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

first I am running ofbiz on same type of box
but I left the addresses as 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1
if you have access to the box thru a local keyboard and monitor see if
you can see ofbiz.
then check your hostnames in the hosts (/etc/hosts)

127.0.0.1    localhost   (yourhostname)  localhost.localdomain
or
127.0.0.1    localhost   localhost.localdomain

Case Torres sent the following on 11/8/2007 12:34 PM:
> The error message I'm receiving when trying to connect to:
> https://10.142.53.10:8443/webtools/control/main
>
> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8443"
>
>>From my laptop (windows xp, ip=10.142.53.102) I can tracert and ping
> 10.142.53.10 (rhel4 w/ofbiz Release4.0 version:592149 running and
accessible
> via 127.0.0.1)
>
> The router is linksys: 10.142.53.1
>
> In the router firewall settings I have port forwarding enabled for https
> port range 8443~8443, ip address 10.142.53.10, protocol TCP.
>
> I did try setting https to "N" in the url.properties file(as one post
> suggested), restarting the ofbiz server and changing my firewall settings

> enable http port 8080, I get the same results.
>
> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8080"
>
> Any other ideas on what might be causing the problem? I need this up and
> running by tomorrow.
>
> Many TIA, Case

RE: i've seen this asked but not answered [UGH!] [SOLVED!]

CaseT
Thank you everyone for your help!!
It was the firewall on the linux box!!
I turned it off and all is well!!

I do have access, and yes I can see ofbiz
/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

first I am running ofbiz on same type of box
but I left the addresses as 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1
if you have access to the box thru a local keyboard and monitor see if
you can see ofbiz.
then check your hostnames in the hosts (/etc/hosts)

127.0.0.1    localhost   (yourhostname)  localhost.localdomain
or
127.0.0.1    localhost   localhost.localdomain

Case Torres sent the following on 11/8/2007 12:34 PM:
> The error message I'm receiving when trying to connect to:
> https://10.142.53.10:8443/webtools/control/main
>
> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8443"
>
>>From my laptop (windows xp, ip=10.142.53.102) I can tracert and ping
> 10.142.53.10 (rhel4 w/ofbiz Release4.0 version:592149 running and
accessible
> via 127.0.0.1)
>
> The router is linksys: 10.142.53.1
>
> In the router firewall settings I have port forwarding enabled for https
> port range 8443~8443, ip address 10.142.53.10, protocol TCP.
>
> I did try setting https to "N" in the url.properties file(as one post
> suggested), restarting the ofbiz server and changing my firewall settings

> enable http port 8080, I get the same results.
>
> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 10.142.53.10:8080"
>
> Any other ideas on what might be causing the problem? I need this up and
> running by tomorrow.
>
> Many TIA, Case

if you decide to turn it back on put this in and make sure it is before
the last one
Accept If protocol is TCP and destination port is 8443 and state of
connection is NEW

Case Torres sent the following on 11/8/2007 2:35 PM:

> Thank you everyone for your help!!
> It was the firewall on the linux box!!
> I turned it off and all is well!!

Thanks BJ

if you decide to turn it back on put this in and make sure it is before
the last one
Accept If protocol is TCP and destination port is 8443 and state of
connection is NEW

Case Torres sent the following on 11/8/2007 2:35 PM:

> Thank you everyone for your help!!
> It was the firewall on the linux box!!
> I turned it off and all is well!!

RE: Hacked!!! - disaster recovery options

wikitec
Hi Skip

I am sure there is something out there that will copy or backup website
regularly ... as for me I simply backup everyday manually but will be
looking for auto backup when ofbiz is implemented

Cheers
phil