identifier is too long

yh-maurizio
Hi to everybody.

I'm working with OfBiz using a Oracle DB instead of Derby. I've got some problems selling digital goods. Looking in the logfile I found a first error on the FINANCIALS_IMPORT_PRODUCT_INVENTORY table name (see the quoting): in Oracle the max identifier's length is 30 char. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any helps.

[       DatabaseUtil.java:353:ERROR] Could not create table [ECOMMERCE.FINANCIALS_IMPORT_PRODUCT_INVENTORY]: SQL Exception while executing the following:
CREATE TABLE ECOMMERCE.FINANCIALS_IMPORT_PRODUCT_INVENTORY (PRODUCT_ID VARCHAR2(20) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs NOT NULL, PRODUCT_NAME VARCHAR2(255) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs, AVAILABLE_TO_PROMISE NUMBER(18,6), ON_HAND NUMBER(18,6), INVENTORY_VALUE NUMBER(18,2), PROCESSED_TIMESTAMP TIMESTAMP, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP TIMESTAMP, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP TIMESTAMP, CREATED_STAMP TIMESTAMP, CREATED_TX_STAMP TIMESTAMP, CONSTRAINT PK_FINANCIALS_IMPORT_PRODUCT_I PRIMARY KEY (PRODUCT_ID)) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs
Error was: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00972: identifier is too long

Re: identifier is too long

Si Chen-2
This is not an ofbiz problem but a problem with a table in the
opentaps financials module.  We should just shorten it in the
financials/entitydef/entitymodel_import.xml.  Or you can just remove
that file from the hot-deploy/financials/ofbiz-component.xml and it
won't load any more.

On Nov 15, 2006, at 7:30 AM, yh-maurizio wrote:

> Hi to everybody.
>
> I'm working with OfBiz using a Oracle DB instead of Derby. I've got
> some
> problems selling digital goods. Looking in the logfile I found a
> first error
> on the FINANCIALS_IMPORT_PRODUCT_INVENTORY table name (see the
> quoting): in
> Oracle the max identifier's length is 30 char. How can I solve this
> problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for any helps.
>
> [       DatabaseUtil.java:353:ERROR] Could not create table
> [ECOMMERCE.FINANCIALS_IMPORT_PRODUCT_INVENTORY]: SQL Exception while
> executing the following:
> CREATE TABLE ECOMMERCE.FINANCIALS_IMPORT_PRODUCT_INVENTORY (PRODUCT_ID
> VARCHAR2(20) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs NOT NULL,
> PRODUCT_NAME VARCHAR2(255) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE
> latin1_general_cs,
> AVAILABLE_TO_PROMISE NUMBER(18,6), ON_HAND NUMBER(18,6),
> INVENTORY_VALUE
> NUMBER(18,2), PROCESSED_TIMESTAMP TIMESTAMP, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP
> TIMESTAMP,
> LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP TIMESTAMP, CREATED_STAMP TIMESTAMP,
> CREATED_TX_STAMP
> TIMESTAMP, CONSTRAINT PK_FINANCIALS_IMPORT_PRODUCT_I PRIMARY KEY
> (PRODUCT_ID)) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs
> Error was: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00972: identifier is too long

Best Regards,

Si
[hidden email]